U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

Humped 0-4 by Exeter in terrible conditions, didn't take their chances in the first half and went to pieces in the 2nd. Exeter had several senior players involved.

Jacob Ramsey the standout player for Villa, although perhaps not his best game.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AndyClarke said:

Humped 0-4 by Exeter in terrible conditions, didn't take their chances in the first half and went to pieces in the 2nd. Exeter had several senior players involved.

Jacob Ramsey the standout player for Villa, although perhaps not his best game.

Anyone else stand out for us?

7 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Not really to be honest, I thought you were going?

If nobody else is going to do it, I can do a rundown later on.

My ticket wasn’t delivered, I ordered it and asked for it to be delivered to my house but it wasn’t 

As its been raining goals since the move the Bodymoor, I thought it was great that I managed to see the game today (thanks to AndyClarke, you’re a star!). Today it continued, there were plenty of rain and goals. However, I didn’t expect the team to get nobbled to 4.
It was a strange game. Had it not been for the good form of the Exeter goalie we should have been 3-1 up at half-time, instead of 0-1 down. Exeter’s lead was impressive due to playing against wind. Second half we were second best. Lost the ball in bad positions, struggled to get out of our half at times. Played too much football in our half, it was asking for trouble (very much like the senior team). Despite this, we could have scored a couple in the second half.
Just a quick mention to the weather today. Horrendous for large parts of the match. If it wasn’t blowing a gale, it was throwing it down.
A mixed bag of a team aswell. I haven’t seen the youth cup line-up from last night, so I assume that was the reason the team was missing Archer & Wright. I assume Guy was suspended.
Good to see Bazeley-Graham back. I do like him, hope he makes a career in the game.
U23 debuts for Paul Appiah & Charlie Farr, a first start for Hooper and first appearance this season for Pressley.
Team:
Searle, Appiah, Walker, Bazeley-Graham, Bridge, Birch, Hooper (Pressley), Clarke (Brunt), Tait (Farr), Ramsey, Odutayo. Unused Subs: Onodi, H. Sohna.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Paul Appiah is a new name. Is he a centre back?

Yes but played at right back, big lad, a bit clumsy at times but will be a beast. Pretty confident on the ball but tough position to play, that touchline does funny things to people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How was Anton Hooper? 

Forgettable at best, played on the right an offered very little. Was hooked after 55 minutes to be replaced by Pressley who went up front, with Tait (who had a shocker) moving out onto the right.

• Thanks 1