U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

Question for those that have been watching u23s this season - how has Viljami Sinisalo been playing? Wondering whether he would be good enough to stick on the bench until Steer comes back from injury. 

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Question for those that have been watching u23s this season - how has Viljami Sinisalo been playing? Wondering whether he would be good enough to stick on the bench until Steer comes back from injury. 

He’s very good I think, got a real chance 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s very good I think, got a real chance 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's looked okay, nothing that really sticks in the mind, but he's done alright. I think with Sarkic called back though he'll be number four for the moment. 

Thanks both. My thinking was that if Sarkic is getting 1st team football, isn't that better experience for him than sitting on bench? Particularly if Steer is going to be back in February/March, Sarkic is then back to U23s for the rest of the season in any event and feel that he would be better to stay at Livingston if possible. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Thanks both. My thinking was that if Sarkic is getting 1st team football, isn't that better experience for him than sitting on bench? Particularly if Steer is going to be back in February/March, Sarkic is then back to U23s for the rest of the season in any event and feel that he would be better to stay at Livingston if possible. 

I mostly agree, for Sarkic it would be much better staying at Livingstone and playing first team football than coming here to spend time on the bench at best - but you can see where the club are coming from too, we'll want to know we've got sufficient cover for the position. 

• Like 1

Stats updated.

A very comfortable 4-0 home win against this season's ragdoll, Sunderland who have managed 1 draw and 13 defeats this season (1-1 at Stoke in case you're wondering).

We were three up after 8 minutes.  Vassilev's senior debut clearly put a spring in his step as his brace after only 4 minutes puts him joint top of our scoring charts this season alongside star player Jacob Ramsey.

Two surprising results elsewhere in the division mean we leapfrog both Middlesbrough & Stoke as they were both beaten at home by 2nd bottom Norwich & Swansea respectively.

The battle of the runaway leaders at the top ended in a 2-0 win to home side West Ham.

We've now scored 16 and conceded 4 in 4 games since the move to Bodymoor Heath (and 3 of those 4 were in a 5-3 victory!).

Roll on the trip to Norwich this Friday and happy new year! :D 

• Thanks 4

Went to the Sunderland game the other night, OBE's description is spot on, particularly with Tyreik's frustrating  evening. The lad needs to be more aggressive but he is classy and his movement is terrific. Decent group at this level, not totally convinced that there are many who will step up to 1st team on any kind of regular basis.

Very impressed with infrastructure, the staff made supporters feel very welcome, really excellent facility and a pleasure to visit.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Went to the Sunderland game the other night, OBE's description is spot on, particularly with Tyreik's frustrating  evening. The lad needs to be more aggressive but he is classy and his movement is terrific. Decent group at this level, not totally convinced that there are many who will step up to 1st team on any kind of regular basis.

Very impressed with infrastructure, the staff made supporters feel very welcome, really excellent facility and a pleasure to visit.

It’s been a while, where have you been?