U23 Development League 2019/2020

BOF

New season, new thread.  Last season has been moved to the Hall of Fame forum for posterity.

As usual, the squad listing above will be very fluid in the beginning as we find out who is gone, who is new and hopefully some missing dates of birth.

The new teams down for this season are Swansea City & West Ham United.  So, we've a trip into Europe :hooray:

• Thanks 1

Great work BOF, thanks, you’re missing Anton Hooper, he’s a right winger, he was born 7/2/2000. We signed him as an u15 from Barnet, I think he has been injured a lot in that time. I saw him once for the u18s last season, he looked good, he’s quick and direct

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Could we have one for the first team as well? 

Absolutely not! :lol:  :)  There are plenty of resources online to help with first team related statistics and the most covered league on the planet.  I do this because avfc.co.uk is shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh and FYI, the DOBs we're currently missing are

Sam Lomax
Bradley Burton
Charlie Farr
Jaden Philogene-Bidace
Harrison Sohna
Cameron Archer
Dimitri Sea

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Charlie Farr: 24/4/2001, can’t find the others 

Where did you find that?

17 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

was it from a FB page?

No, I’ve just checked Charlie Farr’s Facebook and he was born on the 11 Sep but I don’t know why what year, I’d guess 2001 but probably wrong

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

19 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Think Pastorek went back home didn't he?

Did he? I thought he was decent the little I saw of him, edit-it seems that he has left, shame

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I expect the average matchday team & squad ages to be much younger this season after the considerable cull that happened to the older members of the squad at the tail end of last season.  The clear shift towards the U18 model will be interesting to see manifest on the pitch and in the league table.  It wouldn't surprise me if our results suffer but we emerge with more promising individuals.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh and FYI, the DOBs we're currently missing are

Cameron Archer 9/12/2001

No idea where I got it from - but I stand by it

What happened to Myles Sohna - Harrisons (twin?) brother?

I know youcorrectly  hadn't listed him - but (for the curious) Luke Ige is now at Colchester U23

Was I dreaming or did we have Jacob' Ramsey's brother Aaron (no not that one) on the books last year?

Transfermarkt still have him here - bd Jan 21 2003

Edited by SirSteveUK

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

No idea where I got it from - but I stand by it

What happened to Myles Sohna - Harrisons (twin?) brother?

I know youcorrectly  hadn't listed him - but (for the curious) Luke Ige is now at Colchester U23

Was I dreaming or did we have Jacob' Ramsey's brother Aaron (no not that one) on the books last year?

Transfermarkt still have him here - bd Jan 21 2003

Myles Sohna is still on our books I think

Thanks for that about Luke Ige, shame he’s left but not overly surprised 

Aaron Ramsey is still there too, he starts his scholarship this season. I’ve seen him a few times for the u16s, he’s very good

I think DJ Sturridge is still on our books but I haven’t seen him play either. I think he’s a second year scholar for this upcoming season but he has been injured a lot, he’s Daniel Sturridge’s cousin

On 31/07/2019 at 18:21, LancsVillan said:

@BOF - you going to include the Checkatrade Trophy for an U21 squad. Local games for me, going to try and make a couple 

image.png

I'll see.  I probably will in the end, but it requires some major excel surgery, so I'll need to be in the mood some day :)