First Choice 11

MaVilla

7 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Pretty much the same as everyone else only I prefer to have the extra pace of konsa. I think he is very similar to Tunzube so Mings will find it more comfortable in there with him.

20190802_140412.jpg

This image looks more like a game of poorly played Tetris than it does a football formation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

Don't understand why people are putting in Trezeguet over Jota tbh

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding Jota's game.

He's being cast as a David Silva-esque inside forward, hence people think he's more suited to games where we dominate possession and need to "unlock the door".

But I think (despite being very good in more central positions), he's a genuine winger who has the pace to beat defenders on the outside and swing it in from the byline.

So the argument that we'd bring in Trez for away games purely for his extra pace on the break, seems a bit of a stretch. Jota is a Dean Smith favourite, and he wouldn't rate him so highly if he didn't do the hard work tracking back (DS expects this from all his players). I see him as one of the first names on the team sheet.

(Cue Jota warming the bench for the whole season.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lexicon said:

----------------------Heaton----------------------

Guilbert---Chester---Mings---Targett

-------------Nakamba---McGinn-------------

---------------------Grealish------------------------

Jota------------------------------------El Ghazi

---------------------Wesley--------------------------

The only one I'm not sure about would be Chester, in which case I'd play Engels.

Elmo for Guilbert , kjodia for Wesley, Engels for Ming's. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

love all the new signings but for me Heaton has to prove he can best Steer before he jumps straight in  I suggest a fan shootout where they are vigorously tested all day long to see who comes out on top, plus I want to see the SteeAire on Heaton.

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

love all the new signings but for me Heaton has to prove he can best Steer before he jumps straight in  I suggest a fan shootout where they are vigorously tested all day long to see who comes out on top, plus I want to see the SteeAire on Heaton.

I think he’s proven he’s number one today

21 hours to go.......pre window SLAMMING SHUT lineup :P

Heaton, Targett, Mings, Engels, Guilbert, Douglas Luiz, Grealish, McGinn, Hassan, Wesley, Jota.

Subs: Steer, Hause, Konsa, Elmo, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Kodjia

Heaton
Guilbert Engels Mings Targett
Hourihane
McGinn Grealish
Jota Wesley El Ghazi

I know it's boring, but I've not seen enough of Douglas (seen some highlight clips from his time at Girona during last season but don't really remember), Trezeguet has only had flashes so far and I've never seen Nakamba play. If I could see them train I might answer differently, but I couldn't put a player in the side on excitement/youtube alone. Once we're a few games in and they've been on the pitch I'd consider it. 

I think Engels has looked decent alongside Mings, Konsa against lower league opposition looked a touch raw to me, but clear quality so would ease him in. Targett somewhat underwhelming so far but I don't rate Taylor. Guilbert over Elmo for me and Heaton over Steer without question.

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler
  • Like 4

Heaton

Engels mings konsa 

Nakambe                                    jota          luiz           mcginn       el ghazi

Grealish 

Wesley

Wouldnt mind seeing this team in the cup games! ,we have a lot of options this season to play a lot of different formations

1 hour ago, jimbob80 said:

Heaton

Engels mings konsa 

Nakambe                                    jota          luiz           mcginn       el ghazi

Grealish 

Wesley

Wouldnt mind seeing this team in the cup games! ,we have a lot of options this season to play a lot of different formations

Looks strong down the left but we'll get murdered on the other flank ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Heaton

Guilbert       Engels              Mings     Targett

Luiz      

Grealish    McGinn    

El Ghazi                                                 Trez  

Wesley

Subs....Steer, Konsa, Hause, Nakamba, Hourihane, Kodjia, Jota

• Like 1

I'd go like this for Spurs, Luiz maybe ahead of MN eventually. 

Heaton

Guilbert       Engels              Mings     Targett

Nakamba      

McGinn                  Grealish       

Jota                                                 El Ghazi  

Wesley

Subs....Steer, Konsa, Hause, Luiz, Hourihane, Kodjia, Trez

I reckon it'll eventually end up like this:

Wesley

El Ghazi                                  Jota

Grealish  McGinn

Luiz

Targett    Mings    Engels    Guilbert

Heaton

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Elmo, Nakamba, Hourihane, Kodjia, Trezeguet

It's a toss up between El Ghazi and Trezeguet as I haven't seen enough of Trez yet. I have a feeling that Luiz will end up first choice based on how Dean's been talking about him.

• Like 1

Heaton 

Guilbert  Engels Mings  Targett 

Luiz  Hourihane 

Jota  Grealish   McGinn 

Weasley 

With 2 deep Mfs means Hourihane has help winning the ball and free's him up to keep things ticking over and for dead ball's or you but Nakamba in there if you need for mobility . The Three behind the striker are free to switch positions , the width is mainly coming from the improvements in full back positions we have now .You can swap Jota with El Ghazi /Trezeguet or even both with McGinn dropping back .Liverpool and Spurs have both used this 4-2-3-1 formation so wouldn't surprise me if we tried it due to how many midfielders we have that can occupy the roles 

9 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Heaton 

Guilbert  Engels Mings  Targett 

Luiz  Hourihane 

Jota  Grealish   McGinn 

Weasley 

With 2 deep Mfs means Hourihane has help winning the ball and free's him up to keep things ticking over and for dead ball's or you but Nakamba in there if you need for mobility . The Three behind the striker are free to switch positions , the width is mainly coming from the improvements in full back positions we have now .You can swap Jota with El Ghazi /Trezeguet or even both with McGinn dropping back .Liverpool and Spurs have both used this 4-2-3-1 formation so wouldn't surprise me if we tried it due to how many midfielders we have that can occupy the roles 

WhoTF is Weasley dude? That's not nice is it. At least give him a chance.