First Choice 11

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I want to see El Ghazi start against Spurs. I think he's built for the Prem.

I assume he will. Of any player we've bought I think Trezeguet is least ready for PL so AEG and Jota will start left and right attacking

----------------------Heaton----------------------

Guilbert---Chester---Mings---Targett

-------------Nakamba---McGinn-------------

---------------------Grealish------------------------

Jota------------------------------------El Ghazi

---------------------Wesley--------------------------

The only one I'm not sure about would be Chester, in which case I'd play Engels.

10 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

Don't understand why people are putting in Trezeguet over Jota tbh

Only thing I can think is that people are thinking Jota is more a player to control a home game against 'weaker' opposition and Trez is more a player to hit the big teams on the break away from home?

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm glad you're not manager 😂

Son suspended

Dembele bought by Chinese club weeks ago

Wanyama injured hasn't travelled and expected to be sold before window closes

I haven't kept up to date with everyone else's windows with what we've been doing. If Son is out then I think we have a really good chance at beating spurs. I would still be worried about sissoko because of his pace and strength plus their new defensive midfielder as well. 

3 hours ago, Smartin said:

Only thing I can think is that people are thinking Jota is more a player to control a home game against 'weaker' opposition and Trez is more a player to hit the big teams on the break away from home?

i would consider Jota for helping to keep and recycle teams versus good opponents also, different players really suppose.

3 hours ago, Smartin said:

That makes some sense except Treguet plays primarily on the left and his game is about cutting inside on to his shooting foot. I expect a right winger to join before the window shuts now Green has gone out on loan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

That makes some sense except Treguet plays primarily on the left and his game is about cutting inside on to his shooting foot. I expect a right winger to join before the window shuts now Green has gone out on loan.

At keast according to fifa trezeguet is 2 footed as he has a 5 star weak foot. Also from the videos I have seen of him he seems to score with about the same frequency on either foot and I thought some of his best highlights for kassimpasa came from the right wing. I think if we ay both him and el ghazi they will cross over regularly to prevent the fullbacks from getting a read on them. It is what the best clubs do. 

I think we’ll go as everyone else said. With Engels starting (and scoring 😜).

I still think we’ll potentially have Benrahma coming and being as a starter. But I guess Jota would start the game against Spurs.

I think one of the interesting things this season is that we’ll be able to change our first 11 depending on circumstances.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

This. I still think the Trezeguet signing is a weird one

We need more than two wingers mate. 

Forget asking why people are putting Trez in the team over Jota, why the hell are they putting either of them in over El Ghazi? Bizarre. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We need more than two wingers mate. 

Forget asking why people are putting Trez in the team over Jota, why the hell are they putting either of them in over El Ghazi? Bizarre. 

Yep. 

El Ghazi is going to be one of the first names on the sheet. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

This. I still think the Trezeguet signing is a weird one

Not picking on you mate, this is a just a post in general but relates to what you said. 

I really think a lot of fans forget how common injuries to key players happen over a season.

So many times I see fans ask why we want to buy x when y is good enough. Then when y gets injured and we have to play a youngster not good enough or a player out of position fans complain about us not signing x!

We need two strong players in every position.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Hopefully both Dougie L and Marvellous are fit and able to play some part against Spudz next weekend. That would resolve the third central midfielder alongside Jack and McGinn.

(It would be good if they feature tomorrow too so we can get a look at them!)

At present, I think we’ll line up for our opener as follows:

(433 formation)

heaton

guilbert

engels

mings

targett

McGinn

Douglas

Grealish

Jota

Wesley

El Ghazi

subs: Steer, Konsa, Elmo, marvellous, trezeguet, kodjia, Hourihane 

Heaton

Guilbert engels mings targett

Luiz 

Mcginn   grealish 

Jota                                   el ghazi 

Wesley 

I think thats how we will start against spuds ,barring clearance for luiz and nakambe will start imo. But if nakambe and luiz are absolutely awesome who gets the chop?? 

I think Marvellous is going to be a key player. He looks a bit Kante-esque to me and I’ve just got a good feeling about him.

I don’t think Luiz will start against Spurs, it’ll be Marvellous or Hourihane IMO. 

• Like 1

I think this year there will be 2 teams, a league team which wont change too much and a cup team for both cups.

Where the 1st team league players swap to bench and the bench players become 1st team. Just for this season as staying up is the number 1 priority and I think you have to play a certain number of 1st team squad in cup games.