MaVilla

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Heaton

Guilbert---Mings---Engels---Targett

McGinn---Nakamba

Trezeguet-------Grealish--------El Ghazi

Wesley

Best 11 imo. 

I've no idea about most of our players having never seen them play - but I would put in Douglas over Nakamba. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Heaton

Guilbert---Mings---Engels---Targett

McGinn---Nakamba

Trezeguet-------Grealish--------El Ghazi

Wesley

Best 11 imo. 

That’s probably the 11 I’d say is our strongest too on paper, though I can see Luiz and Nakamba battling it out for a spot and Jota playing instead of one of the wingers sometimes. 

Thats the team i’d go for against Spurs though, with maybe Grealish a bit deeper making it a 4-3-3 rather than a 4-2-3-1.

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've no idea about most of our players having never seen them play - but I would put in Douglas over Nakamba. 

Pity he's still in Brazil...really worried about that to be honest, he needs to be here!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Don't understand why people are putting in Trezeguet over Jota tbh

For me , trezeguet is a must to start this weekend , we have seen what Jota brings and am very impressed by him , trezeguet would have to have serious game against Leipzig to get in ahead of Jota for spurs game

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Don't understand why people are putting in Trezeguet over Jota tbh

It depends who we are playing, think we will see squad rotation a lot this season, especially in the wide areas. 

For the spurs game, you’d expect them to dominate play more than us, so I wouldn’t be surprised Marvellous and McGinn in  the middle to be work horses. With the two wide players as El Ghazi and Trezuguet as speed merchants out wide to hit spurs on the break. Against the likes of Bournemouth I’d imagine we are more likely to see the likes of Luiz and Jota to dominate the ball more.

• Like 1

With what we currently have, I'd go with:

---------------------Heaton-------------------

Guilbert---Engels---Mings---Targett

------------------------Luiz----------------------

----------McGinn--------Grealish----------

Jota--------------Wesley-------Trezeguet

Subs: Steer, Hause, Konsa, Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi & Kodjia.

If we buy another big price striker, maybe Trezeguet drops to the bench in place of Hourihane and Wesley plays out wide?

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

With what we currently have, I'd go with:

---------------------Heaton-------------------

Guilbert---Engels---Mings---Targett

------------------------Luiz----------------------

----------McGinn--------Grealish----------

Jota--------------Wesley-------Trezeguet

Subs: Steer, Hause, Konsa, Nakamba, Hourihane, El Ghazi & Kodjia.

If we buy another big price striker, maybe Trezeguet drops to the bench in place of Hourihane and Wesley plays out wide?

Luiz against Spurs ? I'd say he's miles off being ready to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Not against Spurs but when all are firing.

Agreed..I think he might be a bit of a slow burner and take a while to come to the boil than people think. But when he gets going...he'll be some player.

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Grealish

Jota - Wesley - El Ghazi

im not really taking much stock from the pre-season performances against farmers league teams. as nice as jota has looked, i just think he's a better fit on that side than either anwar or trezeguet who prefer cutting inside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

Heaton

Guilbert - Engels - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Grealish

Jota - Wesley - El Ghazi

im not really taking much stock from the pre-season performances against farmers league teams. as nice as jota has looked, i just think he's a better fit on that side than either anwar or trezeguet who prefer cutting inside.

All 3 like to cut inside

Never seen Marvellous play, but I am of the opinion that Luiz can be comfortable in this league shortly, if not straight away.

But I am liking the fact that we seemingly have genuine options throughout the squad at this stage. Perhaps not upfront outside of our starter in Wes.

We have width. We have a solid midfield whether holding, central or forward thinking. Our defense looks promising. Our striker is a record signing.

All to be led and instructed by a coach very impressive to date. And an assistant who is one of the most accomplished players in the game.

Not sure that the wide areas or midfield is established yet for who's going to start. Grealish obviously and McGinn absolutely at this stage.

Everyone else will have to give Smith something to think about for the three remaining spots. Two will be taken up by wide men surely.

I **** love McGinn. Absolute pearl of a player, but it'll be a big step up for him too. He did some amazing stuff in the 2nd tier and I expect to see it again in the PL.

Depending on how good Marvellous is and his role, McGinn could be in for some competition for his place. I think Luiz will make the grade. One of the three will sit out.

Our formation sort of picks itself due to having one striker and would lack creativity and ability to probe without playing wide men with the personnel we have.

Engels is the starting CB with mings konsa and Hause are young and potential signings. Plus I reckon only Engels, mings, and Heaton (wesley too but he is young so...) have wives or serious partners and are much eless likely to go out on the piss so they are more likely to hang out with each other and form a good bond.

Then it is Luiz over nakamba for me. Against spurs you don't need a hard tackler you need to keep the ball and someone to nip in and draw alli's anger (known to have a temper and get carded) which I think Luiz would be best at. Winning the ball and taking it past him and drawing the free kick. 

Then for me it is Jota vs Trezeguet. I would give trezeguet a slight edge because he is quicker and stronger and can support guilbert/targett with spurs' fullback. And he can get back upfield for the counter. Plus it allows us to bring Jota on when the defence is tired. Which will benefit jota more because it will give him the extra yard to get past the fullbacks.

The player I'm most worried about is son because I think he is spur's best player followed by sissoko/wanyama/dembele as they are large strong and fast midfielders who may be to physical for Jack and mcginn. Sissoko specifically because I think he can run with mcginn and is fast enough to recover if Jack gets past him.