Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Seriously though I am sure all three will at different times. We will have rotation, there might be games Douglas plays further forward, I think Hourihane will be used off the bench more, but I think we will have much less of a “first 11” and much more of a squad.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Seriously though I am sure all three will at different times. We will have rotation, there might be games Douglas plays further forward, I think Hourihane will be used off the bench more, but I think we will have much less of a “first 11” and much more of a squad.

Definitely.

And the real beauty of it is that we play to a defined style and setup now so players could/should be able to rotate in and out with ease and with minimal disruption.

I know they have only been friendlies against pretty shite teams but in the pre-season games we've changed the entire team and yet maintained the same pattern of play.

It will help new players settle in quickly as they will know their roles whereas in the past, I think our strategies and patterns have been scattergun at best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have I missed something? Is this bloke definitely signing? 

Can't keep up with this window, it's insane! 

Dunno - it's a weird one. I wonder if we're playing along with the agreed fee thing as a favour to his agent (also Trezeguet's) so that Brugge can entice some offers? 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Everything points to yes.

Quite a few reliable reports - including Kristoff Terreur, who seems to be spot on with stuff from Holland or Belgium. 

12 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Everything points to yes.

Quite a few reliable reports - including Kristoff Terreur, who seems to be spot on with stuff from Holland or Belgium. 

Expects it to be confirmed today. This guy is very ITK on Belgian football.

• Like 2

I think if we're playing a high intensity, pressing style without the ball then we'll have good options switching players in and out rather than completely burning them out like Bielsa. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree, and in the long term this is the right approach. The downsides to this are that (a) it will take longer for the team to gel, and (b) you don't really feel the benefits of squad rotation until the second half of the season.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yep. As has been said, Nakamba looks more of a B2B midfielder than a DM.

true, but i have no doubt he could play the "DM" role, after all deanos DM role seems to be a bit more mobile than your average sitting DM.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Will he need a work permit? Isnt there a rule that you can only have a limited amount of work permit players

i believe he will, but we would only have 4 WP players? (Wesley, Luiz, Hassan, Nakamba?)

even if there is a limit, im 99% sure that 4 is well within it.

i think as long as you meet the home grown/english/trained in club rules etc, then on top of that you can have as many foreigners/WP players as u like?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's nearly 3pm Mooney, did your Stannah Stairlift break half-way down the stairs again? ;)  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will he need a work permit? Isnt there a rule that you can only have a limited amount of work permit players

I assume he will need a work permit as he's Zimbabwean (unless he has a second nationality, but I can't see one mentioned anywhere), however it should be pretty straightforward due to his international record.

With regards to limits, I don't believe there is a work permit limit as such, apart from the homegrown quota which each match day squad must meet.  

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I assume he will need a work permit as he's Zimbabwean (unless he has a second nationality, but I can't see one mentioned anywhere), however it should be pretty straightforward due to his international record.

With regards to limits, I don't believe there is a work permit limit as such, apart from the homegrown quota which each match day squad must meet.  

Looks like he has played in France, Holland and Belgium but not been in any of them long enough to earn nationality for any of them.

Â