Jump to content
NurembergVillan

Marvelous Nakamba

Recommended Posts

Was a yellow, slightly out of control and aggressive.

Done some good running got some good tackles in but if you have 2 central midfielders that cannot pass the ball between them you are going down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rodders0223 said:

Was a yellow, slightly out of control and aggressive.

Done some good running got some good tackles in but if you have 2 central midfielders that cannot pass the ball between them you are going down.

It's not just the passing. 

Luiz and nakamba are terrible for letting runners go. And we always have so much space between midfield and defence where teams get so much of the ball against us. 

Stats will show he made some tackles so it will get ignored but our cm is abysmal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Took the ball with the outside of the boot, clean challenge. Went in hard which has been lacking most of the season and ends up with a yellow ? Commenters all crying for red, see replays and back down then the yellow then they say its justified.

Yes it looked a foul but the replay I saw he took the ball cleanly with no studs showing.

Was the only one trying in our cm today and played very well. He needs a strong none bottling player alongside him. I presume that's what drinkwater was signed for ? 

Gary Neville wet himself over Guilbert pushing the ball into Sterlings chest lol Horrible listening to those two today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he was good today, especially second-half. His energy was good and seemed to drive us on with some interceptions and tackles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the tackle on Aguero. The ball was there to be won, he made sure he got it and there was no studs up.

I'm not even convinced it was a yellow.....

... compared the the relentless tactical fouls from Man City. After 60 minutes their possession rates were ~70% and the foul count? Villa 2, City 10.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t think Man City were dirty at all to be honest.

a couple of tactical fouls Yh, but that’s just what it is.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thug said:

I didn’t think Man City were dirty at all to be honest.

a couple of tactical fouls Yh, but that’s just what it is.. 

No I don't think they were dirty either. But as an underdog it's very hard to break when any hint of a break is on they cynically take the player out. It's not dirty, it's just bending the rules and they are masters of it. 

On Marv's tackle I didn't think it was a foul, never mind a yellow/ red. He has cleanly taken the ball, if anything Augero steps on Marv. 

I thought Gary Neville's Man City cheer leading was embarrassing to listen to throughout. And Micah Richards at the intervals speaking like he's never played for anyone other that City was a tough watch too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

No I don't think they were dirty either. But as an underdog it's very hard to break when any hint of a break is on they cynically take the player out. It's not dirty, it's just bending the rules and they are masters of it. 

On Marv's tackle I didn't think it was a foul, never mind a yellow/ red. He has cleanly taken the ball, if anything Augero steps on Marv. 

I thought Gary Neville's Man City cheer leading was embarrassing to listen to throughout. And Micah Richards at the intervals speaking like he's never played for anyone other that City was a tough watch too. 

In fairness Richards came through their youth system and was there for something like 12 or 13 years. I can imagine he has a very strong affinity to the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thug said:

I didn’t think Man City were dirty at all to be honest.

a couple of tactical fouls Yh, but that’s just what it is.. 

Dirty? No

Cynical? Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a proper British tackle.

So proud of him. Loved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

No I don't think they were dirty either. But as an underdog it's very hard to break when any hint of a break is on they cynically take the player out. It's not dirty, it's just bending the rules and they are masters of it. 

On Marv's tackle I didn't think it was a foul, never mind a yellow/ red. He has cleanly taken the ball, if anything Augero steps on Marv. 

I thought Gary Neville's Man City cheer leading was embarrassing to listen to throughout. And Micah Richards at the intervals speaking like he's never played for anyone other that City was a tough watch too. 

Micah seems to think he used to be a good player, trying to say how he would have defended the corner, also saying how if he played in midfield he wouldnt have a clue what he was doing , he didn't have clue playing in defence! What a clown he was painful in the studio

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not just the passing. 

Luiz and nakamba are terrible for letting runners go. And we always have so much space between midfield and defence where teams get so much of the ball against us. 

Stats will show he made some tackles so it will get ignored but our cm is abysmal.

This is 100% bang on, I see it happen every game and its the biggest reason for our defensive frailties imo. It also means we can't press the opposition effectively because if we do this gets exposed even more.

If anything, watching our midfielders being absolutely awful at this has given me a newfound appreciation for what it takes to play CM/DM.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's not just the passing. 

Luiz and nakamba are terrible for letting runners go. And we always have so much space between midfield and defence where teams get so much of the ball against us. 

Stats will show he made some tackles so it will get ignored but our cm is abysmal.

And they both move like they are running through treacle when they are wrong side of a counter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the only midfielder we have that has any sort of energy 
(mginn injured)  - limited on the ball yes but makes many interceptions and tackles. 

 

Edited by LondonVillian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good tackle. Johnny Giles punched Keegan straight in the mouth years ago and got booked for it 😁 Games gone.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

He's the only midfielder we have that has any sort of energy 
(mginn injured)  - limited on the ball yes but makes many interceptions and tackles. 

 

And that is a big reason why we are 19th and have such a terrible defensive record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nakamba is certainly good enough in his current role, and without a doubt premier league quality. He'll most likely improve next year too.

Luiz, Hourihane, Drinkwater, and Lansbury are all terrible though. The wings (apart from Grealish) being inconsistent at best, really makes our entire midfield abysmal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thug said:

I didn’t think Man City were dirty at all to be honest.

a couple of tactical fouls Yh, but that’s just what it is.. 

To be fair we tried it too a bunch of times on Foden but that little sod stayed on his feet every time. Fantastic balance and pretty admirable much as i hate to admit it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactical fouling is an under rated part of the game and something I think we need to start doing much more often. How many goals have we conceeded this season where the move started with a player running free in midfield? Where a swift shirt pull or trip would have given away a free kick in a non dangerous position whilst allowing us to regroup? Lots. Nakamba and Luiz are both guilty of this, considering both are holding or deeper lying centre mids, I'd expect them both be racking up yellow cards at this point of the season. They have 4 each.

Get the team involved in the dark arts a bit more and we've got more of a chance. Nakamba as the holding player is one I want to see doing this more often.

Also the tackle on Aguero. Not even a foul. Studs down, 1 footed, won the ball cleanly. He should have got a medal for that challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â