Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

The premier league can be pretty unforgiving, especially if you aren't ready. Veretout would walk into many PL teams now. He was blowing out his arse after 60 minutes when he was in a villa shirt and his conditioning was poor. My worry for Nakamba is that he doesn't seem to react quick enough to what's going on around him. You'd hope that improves.

Veretout has since admitted he wanted out of Aston villa pretty soon after he arrived. He admits he didn't put in the required effort.

Club was a shambles at the time - but we can only on what we see.

Has veretout got any international caps yet ?

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Again he did a lot of good stuff defensively, great at making interceptions and breaking up the play. But he's undeniably poor on the ball. It's important we get players closer to him when he's in possession so that he does not have to try any complex passes.

It's weird because he pulls off some lovely passes and touches at times, and at others he goes full Carlos Sanchez. I put it down to him adjusting to the pace of the league.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom13 said:

What on earth is going on in here :D

Some people are rightly pointing out he is a bombscare and others are lying.

I think that is Leicester, Norwich and Southampton now where he has gave him gilt edged chances from not being able to settle down a very basic ball. It should have cost us a goal in all 3 games (southampton only)

Though I will say, I think there is something very wrong with our fitness and conditioning team. First few games he was covering ground like a mad man, along with a lot of people the past 2 months he looks like he is towing a caravan.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's weird because he pulls off some lovely passes and touches at times, and at others he goes full Carlos Sanchez. I put it down to him adjusting to the pace of the league.

To be fair I don't think he has ever pulled off a lovely pass? He is very good at breaking up play and putting a foot in maybe playing Drunkwater next to him so he can collect the ball and do the fancy stuff is the answer.

• Like 1

The Premier League is fast paced and unforgiving. You need speed, composure and accuracy otherwise you are going to look silly. If you have a poor first touch those first three attributes go out the window! At least Nakamba gets stuck, some other players wont even do that however he isn't the only one to struggle with basics and so I'm left with serious concerns over our coaching staff/methods? What the actual hell is going on at the moment?!

On 10/01/2020 at 13:14, rodders0223 said:

Though I will say, I think there is something very wrong with our fitness and conditioning team. First few games he was covering ground like a mad man, along with a lot of people the past 2 months he looks like he is towing a caravan.

You have hit the nail on the head there.  Not only do we look like we're blowing out our collective arses after 60 minutes, the stats support it.

We are 6th (fudchshajaking 6th!!!!) in the league as at half time. Over the course of 22 games,  that is not a coincidence or luck. The team drops off a cliff after half time. It must be fitness related...

You can't really say its Dean as he seems to be able to motivate us to get a result in the first half, but maybe he lacks something in the how to react department. FWIW,  I absolutely want us to stick with Dean for the foreseeable.

Edit: on topic,  I think Nakamba will be great when he has a proper ball playing midfield alongside him. He needs time, otherwise it will be another Idrissa Gueye situation all over again

Edited by MrBlack

55 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Interesting.

Central and Defensive mids in the PL:

Successful tackles per game 

=4th Nakamba

Interceptions

8th Nakamba

He gives the ball away as soon as he tackles or intercepts so he may as well not bother 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

He gives the ball away as soon as he tackles or intercepts so he may as well not bother 😂

I keep hearing this because of the Leicester game. He's 5th in the team in the league for successful passing % with 84%. Very low dispossessed per game 0.3 and unsuccessful touch 0.8

I didn't see Leicester but for highlights and he was 3rd best passing with 23 successful of 27 attempted passes. I presume those led to chances?

1 dispossession and 1 unsuccessful touch whereas Luiz 3 of each but "he's only 21" or something

Just seems to be classic punching bag for some Villa fans because he's a DM who doesn't score or assist

Could be as good as Gueye was for Everton given time and unfortunately if we go down can see the same thing unfolding.

Still adjusting to the league and mistakes in his position are extremely noticeable and often costly but his stats speak for themselves.

Â