Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd like to appoint me as CEO of Steve FC, I'll recruite Steve Bruce as manager with him Sherwood as his number two. Our first signing would be Ross McCormack. 

#StevoFC #GafferDmeitri

I don't know about this. There's always the risk of sending a fax (or fox) to barcelona asking for that player Misses and then we'll have #metoo all over us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so.

Bets on which day this will be announced??????

Monday (Delphino day -2, very premature, ur wife cant be a happy lady)

Tuesday (Delphino day -1, slightly premature)

Wednesday (Delphino Lied day)

Thursday (Delphino day +1, LOL missed it by a few hours fella)

Friday (Delphino day +2, u were way off son)

Saturday (Delphino day +3, not even in the same universe)

Sunday (Delphino rests on Sunday's)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

She used to tell you you’re not a lamppost? ;)

Oh my, of course! Haha 

And I thought this would be a hidden secret language  on villatalk 😂

• Haha 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see Thor and Lansbury be offloaded now to make abit more space for another two quality signings after luiz and Nakamba have joined us.

The business our chiefs are doing is absolute stunning, it was only before the playoffs many on here were stating we wouldn't attract these kind of players we've brought in.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

The business our chiefs are doing is absolute stunning, it was only before the playoffs many on here were stating we wouldn't attract these kind of players we've brought in.

I think only Luiz seems unrealistic at this point.  I could absolutely have envisaged us targeting players from Belgium, Turkey et al prior to the season starting.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think only Luiz seems unrealistic at this point.  I could absolutely have envisaged us targeting players from Belgium, Turkey et al prior to the season starting.

Yeah it's more the volume of them which seems the surprising thing.

5 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

There just has to be space in the Holte End song book for this guy next season utilising some re-arrangement of words in the Lightning Seeds song 'Marvellous...'

Oh, these are the days... this is the life... etc

Mings heads to Marvelous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Thor and Lansbury be offloaded now to make abit more space for another two quality signings after luiz and Nakamba have joined us.

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see who leaves now. Can’t see us getting a decent fee for anyone though but would be good to get some wages off the books.

We really need to offload Tshibola...

And try n get the youngsters loaned out and playing regularly for a full season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

There just has to be space in the Holte End song book for this guy next season utilising some re-arrangement of words in the Lightning Seeds song 'Marvellous...'

Oh, these are the days... this is the life... etc

And who Villa have signed this summer...   I'll let John Terry shag my wife...

(If I had one*) :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I recall many weeks ago now, a week after our Wild Wembley Weekend to be exact! I was out (sunday car boot stroll with my daughter) and as I walked past this one stall I heard some old boy yapping away to two sellers, it was the words "and what about that Villa lot" that perked my ears up.. so I moved in a little closer to eaves drop..

"I don't know what they're going to do?, they've got no money, they've not really got any players as lots of them are leaving, they'll have to sell that Grealish - and he's not all that either, they're the favourites for relegation if you ask me"

Of course by this point I butt in and add my two cents.  No money? :lol:  says who?  Have you heard of Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens?  Of course you haven't or you wouldn't be standing here talking bollocks - Look them up. 

:blink: "eh?"

Yes, We might not have good players at the minute no, but that will be different come August my friend. - (Of course I hadn't a clue we were going to go this mad how we have on the players we have, so thanks Villa).

As for Grealish, he'll be £120m player in 12 months and will be in that England squad by Christmas. 

😠 "You're talking complete bollocks you fool"

Yeah, Have a good day and remember now, - keep an eye on us.  😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Having discussed it many times it's fair to say we look at Nyland, Bree, Taylor, Thor, Lansbury, Green, Hogan as the last of the group of players we know do not have long left at Villa.

We are not going to get alot for the whole lot either in terms of transfer fees and we always knew this - Just like we haven't for the other lot of 15+ players that have left us.

If no moves for any of them transpire then I would think a few loans will be happening just to get them off the wages as much as possible this season.

Probably safe to say the reason many of them are all featuring in pre-season is to get them fit which is attractable to any possible club interested in taking them in some capacity. Also a few youngsters I also i'd expect to see loaned out.

But that's ore for squad thread.

I think the signing of Marvelous gives us good strength in depth and while he is a central midfielder I imagine he could also do a job at filling in at DM if needed.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

Â