Jump to content
NurembergVillan

Marvelous Nakamba

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where did he say that?

Think I saw it on Birmingham live 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

it sounded like the only change he is making to the team Monday is for El Ghazi to replace Wes.

if we don't get more steel in the middle we keep losing. 

El Ghazi to replace Wes? Surely not, where did you hear that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

El Ghazi to replace Wes? Surely not, where did you hear that? 

I’d assume he meant Trez, who is suspended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

I’d assume he meant Trez, who is suspended. 

Yes that would make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We could, but Smith is recently said we won’t 

So we’re going to have an £11m midfielder Nakamba on the bench?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So we’re going to have an £11m midfielder Nakamba on the bench?

Well we already had a £13m LB in Targett on the bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So we’re going to have an £11m midfielder Nakamba on the bench?

There’s squad rotation. He didn’t name individuals, he just said he doesn’t see us changing formation as likes the ones we have

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keen to see how this guy goes. He seems like he's ready to be involved from the Crewe match. Really hoping Marvelous or Luiz step up to the standard we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sne said:

Well we already had a £13m LB in Targett on the bench

I don’t think Targett will be on the bench for much longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Targett will be on the bench for much longer

Here's hoping he wont be.

Taylor needs to be phased out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

There’s squad rotation. He didn’t name individuals, he just said he doesn’t see us changing formation as likes the ones we have

Surely we have to adapt and play different formations against different teams? If we just play the same way against every other team, then the opposition will know what to expect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Surely we have to adapt and play different formations against different teams? If we just play the same way against every other team, then the opposition will know what to expect 

It really depends on what gives us the best chance of victory week to week. There are always pros and cons, it's about weighing them up and making a decision accordingly.

We're considerably last, by some margin, in the league for players retained from last season. And then of the players that are staying, few are actually going to hold starting roles.

Add to that our transition from one league to the next, how experienced our players are at this level, and how much football they've all played together.

I think it's pretty safe to say that we will see some tinkering while we establish ourselves.

The formation we play will really depend on weighing up our strengths and weaknesses against that week's opposition.

However it might turn out that Smith opts to stick with the same formation, or a very similar one all throughout, and that could be in our interest.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see rotation of personnel, until there's chemistry and people really make the role theirs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It really depends on what gives us the best chance of victory week to week. There are always pros and cons, it's about weighing them up and making a decision accordingly.

We're considerably last, by some margin, in the league for players retained from last season. And then of the players that are staying, few are actually going to hold starting roles.

Add to that our transition from one league to the next, how experienced our players are at this level, and how much football they've all played together.

I think it's pretty safe to say that we will see some tinkering while we establish ourselves.

The formation we play will really depend on weighing up our strengths and weaknesses against that week's opposition.

However it might turn out that Smith opts to stick with the same formation, or a very similar one all throughout, and that could be in our interest.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see rotation of personnel, until there's chemistry and people really make the role theirs.

Well phrased

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

El Ghazi to replace Wes? Surely not, where did you hear that? 

Sorry yes I meant to replace Trez, not Wes, doh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Targett will be on the bench for much longer

He stops being on the bench when he shows he's better than Taylor. Simples.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He stops being on the bench when he shows he's better than Taylor. Simples.

I don’t think Taylor has been worth £11m throughout his career 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Taylor has been worth £11m throughout his career 

Price tag is irrelevant

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â