Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Lansbury playing 70 mins yesterday ahead of McGinn says he is going nowhere.

It doesn't really suggest anything at all. It's preseason. 

As for this signing I know nothing about him but it sure is exciting to be snapping up young, hungry players from abroad for relatively small fees. We have a manager that can coach players and plays decent football. It is as exciting a time to be a villa fans as I can remember.  

Lansbury was almost exclusively an AM or front foot CM for Forest and he looked it vs Walsall. Bruce tried to get him dropping deep and playing a defensive role. Hourihane was attacking LCM in a 442 at Barnsley and Bruce kept starting him on the right in a 433. Early signs for me that Bruce was a clueless career destroyer

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

It doesn't really suggest anything at all. It's preseason. 

Yes it does!

You are right about preseason, and it may not bear out that way, but it certainly suggests lansbury will be in his plans.

• Confused 1

If we get both Marvelous & Luiz in, I’m feeling really good about this season. We will be fairly strong in most positions and have good options in case of injuries/suspensions/rotation.

I certainly wouldn’t complain if we don’t get anymore signings in (although I would like us to get a really solid GK in) but I don’t think we’re done just yet.

We really appear to have a young, energetic and exciting side that wants to play attacking football, how refreshing!

DM was my biggest concern but no longer will be if we get these deals done. Wow, what a transfer window...

I'm looking forward to him being referred to concomitant to his on-pitch performances.

"Adequate Nakamba put a shift in, but didn't really grab the game by the scruff of its neck".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Question: is McGinn going to now struggle to get into the team?

Answer: Imagine how good our midfield is if McGinn struggles to get into it and enjoy!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Question: is McGinn going to now struggle to get into the team?

I thought this was the Marvelous thread, not the Ridiculous thread.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I just can’t see Luiz and Marvellous coming as back up and jack is a certain starter

I assume Nakamba and/or Luiz are coming for DM as we don't have any decent ones

Â