Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Is he actually any good? It seemed like a lazy link because we’d signed his team mate but it seems the management team are big Brugge fans. 

Very good for Brugge before last season. But fell out with the coach and wasn't sure why he was dropped. Turned out his rival for his position shared the same agent as the coach. The coach was arrested as part of a large scale operation looking into bribes/match fixing I think. Don't think he was ever charged. He played 4 games in the CL for them last season and was excellent apparently. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Not sure how much longer I can take the  Marvellous drops..... it’s only gonna get worse.

Why can't the Marvellous just release something instead of having to have it drop?

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

BTW pretty sure he isn't a DM as such. More of a box to box player ala McGinn.

He can play deeper though if needs be - his versatility in this regard is definitely a factor with this one.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

BTW pretty sure he isn't a DM as such. More of a box to box player ala McGinn.

I'm not even sure Smith wants to use a DM so much as a deep lying play maker. One of the reasons he uses mobile, ball playing centre backs IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This signals the end for lansbury  then. Can't see where he will fit in if we sign him and luiz

After recent performances I'd keep Lansbury over Hourihane but absolutely neither are anything approaching a DM. Lansbury has never played DM unless Bruce trying to shoehorn him more defensively counts 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This signals the end for lansbury  then. Can't see where he will fit in if we sign him and luiz

Don't think so. Lansbury is more of a ball playing midfielder, whereas Nakamba is a high pressing "break up play" type midfielder from everything I've read about him. Never seen him play though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

After recent performances I'd keep Lansbury over Hourihane but absolutely neither are anything approaching a DM. Lansbury has never played DM unless Bruce trying to shoehorn him more defensively counts 

Is he a dm though?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This signals the end for lansbury  then.

I'd hope the existence of Bjarnason & Hourihane would signal the end of Lansbury.  Never mind Luiz & Marvelous.  Lansbury looked useful against Walsall ...

• Like 1

Been watching a bit of youtube. He reminds me a bit of a Gana/Delph hybrid. Not quite as good in the tackle as Gana, but better on the ball, and seems to have the drive and tenacity they both had. Consider me intrigued. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Is he a dm though?

I don't know much about him but nothing scares me more than the idea of playing in the PL with Hourihane as the last mid in front of the back 4. He doesn't have the brain for it. Totally exposed repeatedly against Walsall. Looked lost

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why? He’s playing higher up in pre season. Smith has said he likes him and the way he plays. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back up to McGinn or Jack 

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Lansbury playing 70 mins yesterday ahead of McGinn says he is going nowhere.

At very least it was an audition which he smashed.

I think people may be reading too much into the game time people are getting in friendlies.

Suliman was on the bench last night and played the last 20 mins, I really don't think he's going to be even close to the first team once the season starts.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why? He’s playing higher up in pre season. Smith has said he likes him and the way he plays. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back up to McGinn or Jack 

Because we have so many cm. I wnatvtonkeep lansbury as I think he has something to offer but I can't see how much game time he will get.

Definitely curtains for bjarnason though

Â