Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he signs, we have 4 decent options in central midfield. 
Superb. 

I am guessing you're going with Jack, SJM, Luiz and the Great Marvello?

In which case, I would say we have 5 decent options in central midfield, adding Conor. He's become first choice for RoI, and think he's a great bench option - creative and eye for a goal - and know he can do a decent job in midfield if starting.

We play with a midfield 3, so 5 options with all bases covered is, as you say, superb.

• Like 1

Really I think our 3 man midfield with 3 cover, is covered once we get nakamba?

Grealish, Mcginn, douglas Luiz, nakamba, hourihane, lansbury.

That leaves Thor outside the 6 players vying for the 3 spaces.

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think so. You just can’t have more than 17 foreign players in the 25 man squad. 

Although presumably EU players can't count as 'foreign' due to free movement laws so in effect it does limit you to 17 with work permits?

Not that it matters either way as we wont be hitting that!

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Although presumably EU players can't count as 'foreign' due to free movement laws so in effect it does limit you to 17 with work permits?

Not that it matters either way as we wont be hitting that!

I think EU players do count as foreign in terms of the Premier League who seem to be able to set their own rules.  I could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think EU players do count as foreign in terms of the Premier League who seem to be able to set their own rules.  I could be wrong though. 

I think this would be illegal - at least for another few months. Any workplace classification that differentiates between a UK and an EU citizen would be against the law.

If they can consider EU nationals foreign, I'm guessing the workaround is that the actual requirement is to have at least 8 home-grown players (which can be any nationality if they joined early enough) as opposed to having a limit on foreign players.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I think this would be illegal - at least for another few months. Any workplace classification that differentiates between a UK and an EU citizen would be against the law.

Exactly this: 

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If they can consider EU nationals foreign, I'm guessing the workaround is that the actual requirement is to have at least 8 home-grown players (which can be any nationality if they joined early enough) as opposed to having a limit on foreign players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Spot on, it's allowed because non-British players can be classified as homegrown as well, i.e. Pogba, Lukaku, Sigurdsson and Bellerin are all classed as homegrown players. Defenition below:

A “Home Grown Player” is defined in the (Rule 33.8) as a player who:

• irrespective of their nationality or age, has been registered with either:
    • their current club (who is a member of the EFL); and/or
    • a club and/or any other football club affiliated with the Football Association (“FA“) or Football Association of Wales (for example, Premier League or non-league clubs)
    • for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21).

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

It's nearly 3pm Mooney, did your Stannah Stairlift break half-way down the stairs again? ;)  

Fancy a race, punk?  ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Spot on, it's allowed because non-British players can be classified as homegrown as well, i.e. Pogba, Lukaku, Sigurdsson and Bellerin are all classed as homegrown players. Defenition below:

A “Home Grown Player” is defined in the (Rule 33.8) as a player who:

• irrespective of their nationality or age, has been registered with either:
    • their current club (who is a member of the EFL); and/or
    • a club and/or any other football club affiliated with the Football Association (“FA“) or Football Association of Wales (for example, Premier League or non-league clubs)
    • for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21).

I guess that’s on the off chance they agree to play for England as the whole point of the ruling is to strengthen the National team?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see who leaves now. Can’t see us getting a decent fee for anyone though but would be good to get some wages off the books.

We really need to offload Tshibola...

And try n get the youngsters loaned out and playing regularly for a full season.

Yes I agree that we wont get anything for many of our last season's team players, well the ones anyhow who will eventually leave.

I see kodjia as the only one who might bring a few million in. It's something that desperately needs to be rectified in what our players are worth when teams come a knocking. Only way to do that is by doing what were doing by buying players who want to progress and win things and can simply grow there worth. It dud say alot when you knew nobody wanted to buy any of your players, even when they had been part of a playoff win and promotion winning side.

We now have players more than capable of being sought after by the rest of the clubs out there, it's upto them now to show the world what they are made of, I have full belief in them.

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I recall many weeks ago now, a week after our Wild Wembley Weekend to be exact! I was out (sunday car boot stroll with my daughter) and as I walked past this one stall I heard some old boy yapping away to two sellers, it was the words "and what about that Villa lot" that perked my ears up.. so I moved in a little closer to eaves drop..

"I don't know what they're going to do?, they've got no money, they've not really got any players as lots of them are leaving, they'll have to sell that Grealish - and he's not all that either, they're the favourites for relegation if you ask me"

Of course by this point I butt in and add my two cents.  No money? :lol:  says who?  Have you heard of Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens?  Of course you haven't or you wouldn't be standing here talking bollocks - Look them up. 

:blink: "eh?"

Yes, We might not have good players at the minute no, but that will be different come August my friend. - (Of course I hadn't a clue we were going to go this mad how we have on the players we have, so thanks Villa).

As for Grealish, he'll be £120m player in 12 months and will be in that England squad by Christmas. 

😠 "You're talking complete bollocks you fool"

Yeah, Have a good day and remember now, - keep an eye on us.  😎

Love the little story lol.

Now if you could only see those pair of prats to say to them: have you been paying attention to our transfers recently?? 

There response would no doubt still be a clueless one just as there comment that our Owners had no money what so ever, good on you for getting involved.

15 hours ago, omariqy said:

Didn't realise the champ loan window closes on the 8th too. Hogan, Bree, COH, RHM and Green to go out on loan

Time for a jumble sale at Villa I think..

21 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I recall many weeks ago now, a week after our Wild Wembley Weekend to be exact! I was out (sunday car boot stroll with my daughter) and as I walked past this one stall I heard some old boy yapping away to two sellers, it was the words "and what about that Villa lot" that perked my ears up.. so I moved in a little closer to eaves drop..

"I don't know what they're going to do?, they've got no money, they've not really got any players as lots of them are leaving, they'll have to sell that Grealish - and he's not all that either, they're the favourites for relegation if you ask me"

Of course by this point I butt in and add my two cents.  No money? :lol:  says who?  Have you heard of Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens?  Of course you haven't or you wouldn't be standing here talking bollocks - Look them up. 

:blink: "eh?"

Yes, We might not have good players at the minute no, but that will be different come August my friend. - (Of course I hadn't a clue we were going to go this mad how we have on the players we have, so thanks Villa).

As for Grealish, he'll be £120m player in 12 months and will be in that England squad by Christmas. 

😠 "You're talking complete bollocks you fool"

Yeah, Have a good day and remember now, - keep an eye on us.  😎

Don’t tell me, one of them was Steve (4times) Bruce and the other one Fat Sam. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

I am guessing you're going with Jack, SJM, Luiz and the Great Marvello?

In which case, I would say we have 5 decent options in central midfield, adding Conor. He's become first choice for RoI, and think he's a great bench option - creative and eye for a goal - and know he can do a decent job in midfield if starting.

We play with a midfield 3, so 5 options with all bases covered is, as you say, superb.

So what’s the latest on this one? Anyone think it could be done today?

Â