Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

A very good player off the ball - fit, powerful, brave, reads the game well. His problem is that he's very limited in what he can do with the ball, but tonight he kept it simple and didn't really put a foot wrong.

I like him, and am glad he gave a good account of himself tonight - just not sure he's quite good enough to be part of Smith's long-term plans.

• Like 2

The team is playing well at the moment and is on a totally different level to last season. It’s no mystery that his passing and all round game look to have improved with the movement and dynamism in the team. I was worried at the loss of McGinn, but Marvelous slotted in brilliantly tonight in what is becoming a slick and well oiled midfield machine. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

The team is playing well at the moment and is on a totally different level to last season. It’s no mystery that his passing and all round game look to have improved with the movement and dynamism in the team. I was worried at the loss of McGinn, but Marvelous slotted in brilliantly tonight in what is becoming a slick and well oiled midfield machine. 

We have Sanson to come into that too. All of a sudden our midfield looks strong.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A very good player off the ball - fit, powerful, brave, reads the game well. His problem is that he's very limited in what he can do with the ball, but tonight he kept it simple and didn't really put a foot wrong.

I like him, and am glad he gave a good account of himself tonight - just not sure he's quite good enough to be part of Smith's long-term plans.

I agree with this and fair play to him for coming in and doing a good job. But I’d be surprised  to see him still at the club in a couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We have Sanson to come into that too. All of a sudden our midfield looks strong.

Our midfield is stacked with some quality, and i include young Jacob in that too. A great problem to have. Earn the shirt on performance and training. The only way it can be.

Are people convinced now he isn’t a turd of a player?

I never thought he was, I just thought he is an out and out defensive midfielder, the kind that you would play two 8’s in front of but no 10

Late in the game, we got caught in possession with our CB's high up the pitch. Fraser (I think) went on a run into the box only to have the ball pinched off his feet in the box by Marvelous, who read the danger and responded immediately.

Cracking piece of defensive play.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Late in the game, we got caught in possession with our CB's high up the pitch. Fraser (I think) went on a run into the box only to have the ball pinched off his feet in the box by Marvelous, who read the danger and responded immediately.

Cracking piece of defensive play.

Yeah, think Mings lost it at midfield but Marvellous snuffed it out superbly.

We haven’t had a lot of chances to see it but in one of those Sky Sport FIFA game interviews Jack says he’s one of the best endurance athletes at the club, can run all day.

9 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The 'disaster' transfer window of summer 2019 isn't looking so bad now.

They're looking very good, however if it wasn't for covid, we'd have probably got relegated. 

I know the task was difficult and long term the signings look to be paying off but I still think we gambled way too much that summer and it was on the verge of being a complete disaster. Its no surprise that Suso got sacked. 

Very good last night.

A bit like Hause, I was hesitant on him coming into the side but he proved himself to be more than capable.

Playing in a better side will improve his game and he's a solid player to have in reserve for the DM role.

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yeah, think Mings lost it at midfield but Marvellous snuffed it out superbly.

We haven’t had a lot of chances to see it but in one of those Sky Sport FIFA game interviews Jack says he’s one of the best endurance athletes at the club, can run all day.

I imagine it's part of a villa midfielders training to be reactive to Mings losing the ball on the halfway line by doing something dumb

• Like 1

Another player who last season was inconsistent, but has seen the level we play at now and has raised his game.

Would still start McGinn against Burnley, but I think most fans are currently satisfied with Nakamba as backup if he can produce performances like last night whenever he is called upon.

Â