Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Think he did ok against burton, nothing spectacular but did his job.

To get as far as criticising nakamba in the burton game, you would need to get past taylor, hause, lansbury and el ghazi way before you got to nakamba.

Agreed, he's a decent option to have as a squad player. There are others that are higher up the list as potential transfers out.

Nakamba puts in an effort, has good tackle but needs to improve his passing a bit.

Nigel Reo Coker would run 50 yards with the ball lose it because he couldn't pass wind, run back 60 yards win the ball back then pass it back to the opposition. 

Nakamba is the same. If he just sat and passed it simple he'd be invaluable. We need him to be marvelous.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Tries his best but he's not good enough on the ball. He's only a backup anyway but we have too many inadequate backup CM's, we could do with another one to compliment Jack, McGinn and Luiz in case one of them is injured. 

• Like 1

In my view, he's the guy on the bench who we can bring on for the last stages of a game to try and see it through, and break the game up with some interesting tackles. I fully expect him to start 0 league games this season, but give first choice players a rest in games like last night's. 

I also expect him to leave next summer,, unless he fully develops into the player mentioned above with better passing, in which case he might just be here for a few years in exactly that role.

I watched him against Burton and believe the issue I see isn’t his passing.

he is incredibly defensive, he passes the ball and then moves over to an opposition forward to stay close and mark them, thus removing himself as a passing option.

his role appears to be “Mark players and close the space, that’s it”. 

he isn’t a DM which tackles, passes and then looks for space or the ball back. 

countless times against Burton he could have moved into space in the centre to get the ball, but was too close to an opposition player and always had them between our player with the ball. 

he’s very much a break down play, get the ball back and let everyone else do that, which he is good at, but I don’t think our side can carry a position or role like that unless everyone else is absolutely Gun Rapid.

he is a squad player not a first team player, we need another Luis type player who wants the ball back at his feet as well as being a good defensive midfielder. 

On 28/09/2020 at 22:06, Villaphan04 said:

do we think he draws into the XI next weekend vs Liverpool? 

Hope not. 

He's bang average at best. Probably ok for 2nd reserve in midfield but honestly, if the rumours about an £11m bid from Turkey are correct, then i'd get rid (assuming we can replace)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hope not. 

He's bang average at best. Probably ok for 2nd reserve in midfield but honestly, if the rumours about an £11m bid from Turkey are correct, then i'd get rid (assuming we can replace)

Exactly. Wasn't embarrased against Stoke. Great.

No way anyone pays 11 million sterling for him.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Seems some people expect him to play like a #10.  Thought he was solid tonight and did his job.

Why would people expect him to be a attacking midfielder?

To me he struggles with the basics of positioning, too often he gets bypassed on the counter attack.

Ultimately we have to keep him short term otherwise Luiz gets injured and Hourihane's the only one from the midfielders who could attempt to play DCM and he's pretty poor in that role.

I think people should watch each game objectively and without pre conceived ideas. If you do that even when a player has a decent game you'll not enjoy it and you're going to say they were rubbish. He did his job.

Â