Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Getting sloppier with the ball with every game but he's just so good at winning the ball back that you can overlook that.

What sets Kanye apart is that he's also a class passing midfielder in addition to being an absolute machine. Hope Marvelous can add that to his game.

There was one truly vile pass second half when we were in a good position. Didn't think he was too bad aside from that.

Left to defend on his own all the time. The system is the problem, not the personnel.

I think he is excellent, he’s a great shield for our defence, it’s something that we haven’t had for a long time. He can nick the ball and play the simple pass, he’s quick, strong and dynamic. In the long term, I’d be worried that a so called bigger club would come in for him 

I'm surprised some are saying it's ok to overlook his really poor passing because he wins the ball back sometimes. The passes weren't even hard passes, he tends to hit the ball too soft sometimes and it doesn't reach the target. Was as much at fault yesterday for the domination Wolves had. In other games too he has won the ball only to give it right back. Would have been a real eye opener for him against good midfielders, so hopefully he can knock that part out of his game.

1 minute ago, Trickster said:

I'm surprised some are saying it's ok to overlook his really poor passing because he wins the ball back sometimes. The passes weren't even hard passes, he tends to hit the ball too soft sometimes and it doesn't reach the target. Was as much at fault yesterday for the domination Wolves had. In other games too he has won the ball only to give it right back. Would have been a real eye opener for him against good midfielders, so hopefully he can knock that part out of his game.

Yep, or else he'll just be another Carlos Sanchez.

Edited by Wainy316

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Getting sloppier with the ball with every game but he's just so good at winning the ball back that you can overlook that.

What sets Kanye apart is that he's also a class passing midfielder in addition to being an absolute machine. Hope Marvelous can add that to his game.

Gueye was sloppy on the ball for us but it's clear that's decent on it, just he had shite around him. For me Marevlous is struggling with those around him and it's forcing him into more difficult passes in a more difficult part of the pitch. McGinn is rarely showing for the ball in good positions these days and Luiz was pretty absent yesterday as well.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:22, Keyblade said:

Yeah mate, Kanye is class...

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

McGinn is rarely showing for the ball in good positions these days

This is a big problem, imo. Time and again, both Marv and Doug had to try to thread balls through traffic or just play back to the defense because nobody in front was in any position to receive a standard, safe, possession-building pass.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Worst performance for Villa. Shame.

Should have won the ball for Leicester first, even with many other issues contributing.

He should have but Wesley's lay-off and Mings' injury were the main issues with that goal, for me. Another issue of that goal was that both of our more defensive midfielders were ahead of our striker when he lost the ball - not clever!

Definitely Nakamba's worst game but I did think he was improving at the time he got taken off. 

Â