Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's also a chance that it would put off any clubs looking to do a similar deal with City in the future, not to mention the difficulties of getting a work permit for another team in England as a lot of them have higher record transfer fees than we do, which is pretty much how we got the WP done.  I also don't think Pep is really the kind of person to do it.

23 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

And why would he agree to be their pawn to make them an extra few million quid if he was going to be here afterwards anyway?

The only way that happens is if City convince him he's going to play there then do a u-turn when they resign him. If they'd given him a hefty pay rise when signing it's a risk as he could feel slighted so refuse to move on.

Edit - a very similar scenario you could see happening that is effectively the same is if we agreed to pay City an amount to buy out the buyback clause.

They recently did something very similar with Angelino with PSV https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/july/man-city-sign-angelino-psv-transfer-latest-update

Manchester City are delighted to announce the re-signing of Angelino from PSV Eindhoven, who will join subject to international clearance.

Granted they haven't sold or loaned him back out yet.

49 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

They recently did something very similar with Angelino with PSV https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2019/july/man-city-sign-angelino-psv-transfer-latest-update

Granted they haven't sold or loaned him back out yet.

To be fair angelino is proabably their 2nd best left back and you know how the like having 2 quality players at each position. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I've come in and out of this thread 3 times now wondering why it keeps changing to the Luiz thread after I've clicked it 

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/aston-villa-have-given-midfielder-marvelous-nakamba-a-thankless-job-and-hes-doing-it-admirably/

Nakamba is as pure a defensive midfielder as you’ll find in the Premier League. His job is to shield the back line and win the ball. On Aston Villa, that’s a near impossible task. Villa is a classic case of a team that’s putting its defensive personnel in a position to fail. Nakamba is performing admirably despite that. If Villa continue to play this way, and manage to remain in the Premier League it’s going to look ugly defensively all year long. If it works, it’ll just barely work, but if it weren’t for Nakamba it would probably have no shot of working at all.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I've come in and out of this thread 3 times now wondering why it keeps changing to the Luiz thread after I've clicked it 

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/aston-villa-have-given-midfielder-marvelous-nakamba-a-thankless-job-and-hes-doing-it-admirably/

Nakamba is as pure a defensive midfielder as you’ll find in the Premier League. His job is to shield the back line and win the ball. On Aston Villa, that’s a near impossible task. Villa is a classic case of a team that’s putting its defensive personnel in a position to fail. Nakamba is performing admirably despite that. If Villa continue to play this way, and manage to remain in the Premier League it’s going to look ugly defensively all year long. If it works, it’ll just barely work, but if it weren’t for Nakamba it would probably have no shot of working at all.

That whole analysis is contrary to what I see on the pitch. Yes he does a lot of defensive work, but it's not like we're being bombarded every game. And he's actually a pretty good passer (84.5% is nowhere near as bad as they claim). Do they get paid to write articles or something? Must have been a slow day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That whole analysis is contrary to what I see on the pitch. Yes he does a lot of defensive work, but it's not like we're being bombarded every game. And he's actually a pretty good passer (84.5% is nowhere near as bad as they claim). Do they get paid to write articles or something? Must have been a slow day.

Literally the third highest pass completion percentage last year was 86% but yes 84.5% very crap. 

Edit: this appears hostile but is intended to agree with you. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

Looks like Nakamba agrees with me. Why give attention to 3-4 idiots when he's receiving love from thousands.

Good on you Nakamba just love you even more 👍always focus on the positive ignore the trolls!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-racist-chant-nakamba-17054729

Nakamba says he is paying no notice to the incident and is continuing to love his time at the club. 

“I’m not worried at all, all is well and God is in control,” he told the Zimbabwe Chronicle.

“I just want to enjoy my game, keep on improving. I’m feeling the love from everyone at Aston Villa which makes my work even easier.”

Edited by blandy
no quote extract

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looks like Nakamba agrees with me. Why give attention to 3-4 idiots when he's receiving love from thousands.

Good on you Nakamba just love you even more 👍always focus on the positive ignore the trolls!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-racist-chant-nakamba-17054729

I mean what else is he supposed to say?  He is in a brand new country, a brand new team, new culture....I could go on.  The last thing he wants to do is create a flash point.  Many minorities grin and bear racial issues when the only other option is to stir the pot.  That is why it's important for the Club and other stake holders to speak out, have Nakamba's back in a sense.  The response by everyone involved has been spot on so far.  Which as a black kid who was always the only little black dot in the team photo's it's been great to see.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That article makes a couple great points especially the one about Nakamba being the first line of our defense.  It then throws in that awful line about Nakamba being an average at best because he completes 84.5% of his passes.  As others have mentioned that's a joke of a stat if you are trying to say Nakamba isn't Prem quality.  Still, our midfield has been very porous all season with teams not having to work very hard to get the ball into our final third.  I am pretty sure Ming's wishes he didn't have to make multiple goal saving blocks a game.  Dean took the first step to address that issue by moving Grealish to the wing.  The next step, especially versus stronger opposition, will be pairing Douglas with Nakamba and using both of them to help defend the middle 3rd.  

Also, just to be clear Nakamba is definitely a prem quality midfielder.  I would almost venture to say that outside of the Top 6 we have the best midfield in the Prem.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

That article makes a couple great points especially the one about Nakamba being the first line of our defense.  It then throws in that awful line about Nakamba being an average at best because he completes 84.5% of his passes.  As others have mentioned that's a joke of a stat if you are trying to say Nakamba isn't Prem quality.  Still, our midfield has been very porous all season with teams not having to work very hard to get the ball into our final third.  I am pretty sure Ming's wishes he didn't have to make multiple goal saving blocks a game.  Dean took the first step to address that issue by moving Grealish to the wing.  The next step, especially versus stronger opposition, will be pairing Douglas with Nakamba and using both of them to help defend the middle 3rd.  

Also, just to be clear Nakamba is definitely a prem quality midfielder.  I would almost venture to say that outside of the Top 6 we have the best midfield in the Prem.  

We have a better midfield than some in the top 6 too, namely United and Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I mean what else is he supposed to say?  He is in a brand new country, a brand new team, new culture....I could go on.  The last thing he wants to do is create a flash point.  Many minorities grin and bear racial issues when the only other option is to stir the pot.  That is why it's important for the Club and other stake holders to speak out, have Nakamba's back in a sense.  The response by everyone involved has been spot on so far.  Which as a black kid who was always the only little black dot in the team photo's it's been great to see.  

Yup. This is his livelihood we're talking about. I've taken plenty of bullshit on the chin at work because well, I have a family to feed. It's usually not worth it.

9 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Frankly, I think his passing is better than his break up play.  He has great vision and or field awareness to spot the second, more incisive pass and nails it nearly every time. 

He's got good vision and technique but what strikes me most about him is his reading of what's developing and anticipation to get in a position to intercept or tackle, or help a teammate out. He seems to make these 10-20 yard runs really quick to meet the ball and appear seemingly out of nowhere, he did this a few times against Norwich and instead of taking a touch to control it, look up and try and find someone with the ball, his "interception" was a one touch pass immediately setting us off up the field. If he keeps it up he's going to be a cracking player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He's got good vision and technique but what strikes me most about him is his reading of what's developing and anticipation to get in a position to intercept or tackle, or help a teammate out. He seems to make these 10-20 yard runs really quick to meet the ball and appear seemingly out of nowhere, he did this a few times against Norwich and instead of taking a touch to control it, look up and try and find someone with the ball, his "interception" was a one touch pass immediately setting us off up the field. If he keeps it up he's going to be a cracking player.

This will only get better and better with the sharper match fitness....don't forget that they guy missed most of preseason while his dispute with Brugge continued.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Jack's goal is a perfect example of this. It's such a huge step up from when we had Whelan and Conor starting for us in that position.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Please stop.

I am not a mod, I am just asking you as a fellow fan. Most Villa fans regard this stereotype as racist even if you dont and we want to be a welcoming inclusive club.

What the **** has the world come to?? So now only black men have huge members then? Jesus Christ!!

Â