Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

3 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Proven 100+ games for me. Taylor, Jedi and Whelan all 35 born 84. All have 100+ games and a lot of national team games. There are players who dont look like pl class in Championship. Totally different games. Taylor and Elmo where in start in last game and it did not surprise me. Bjarnason is 31 born 88.

Taylor is 30

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Can't wait until we can get him in the DM role.

Ahead of Douglas? 

It's interesting because if Nakamba is getting in the team then that probably means Douglas on the bench. 

Or, it won't be popular, either Grealish or McGinn lose their place, Douglas plays further forward and Nakamba plays deeper. 

I don't imagine Nakamba will play anywhere but in the deeper defensive position based on what I know about him. 

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

Ahead of Douglas? 

No.

Let Jack compete against El Ghazi on the left and play Marvelous, Luiz and McGinn in midfield. Marvelous playing the defensive role.

We are short on the wing so to me this would make perfect sense. At least until we sign a quality winger.

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No.

Let Jack compete against El Ghazi on the left and play Marvelous, Luiz and McGinn in midfield. Marvelous playing the defensive role.

We are short on the wing so to me this would make perfect sense. At least until we sign a quality winger.

I was thinking this yesterday. I could see this happening somewhere down the line.

I think having McGinn and Grealish in the team may not work in the Premiership, McGinn in possession is awesome if he can get free, but in the first two games he was pushed off the ball too easily and Grealish hasn't yet found a way to effect a game, losing possession too easily.

I think we need the likes of Nakamba, Luiz and Guilbert to start as these are players who have the intensity we need in this league. Not saying i want to drop Grealish or McGinn just being realistic and stating our midfield does not have the right balance currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think having McGinn and Grealish in the team may not work in the Premiership, McGinn in possession is awesome if he can get free, but in the first two games he was pushed off the ball too easily and Grealish hasn't yet found a way to effect a game, losing possession too easily.

I think we need the likes of Nakamba, Luiz and Guilbert to start as these are players who have the intensity we need in this league. Not saying i want to drop Grealish or McGinn just being realistic and stating our midfield does not have the right balance currently.

86% pass completion over 2 games. Think that's a hit harsh

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

86% pass completion over 2 games. Think that's a hit harsh

Probably, although Grealish is only valuable if his possession leads to goals. Early days I know, but ironically we also seem to be useless at set pieces without Connor.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No.

I can't see this happening. Grealish has played wide for us before (under Bruce though mind) and it didn't suit him. However I see him be able to do a job there, although it isn't his best position. I think you probably lose more than you gain. 

I don't think the midfield blend is a problem so far, so I don't see why that dynamic needs to change. 

It's strange for us to have options in midfield, but we don't know much about Nakamba or Douglas, I'm sure we'll get to know them as the season progresses.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think nakamba was our 3rd choice for the position, having failed to get phillips and santamaria. 

I don't hold much hope that he will be having an impact in the premier league this year. 

wow not even put on the shirt yet and he's been written off

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Its strange that he is not in the squad - it says manythings.

Somehow I think the things you think it is or might be would be disagreed with by a lot of people here.

What does it say out of curiosity?

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

wow not even put on the shirt yet and he's been written off

That came across very negative. I'm not writing him off, I think he has been signed as a prospect. With Luiz and Hourihane, i don't see nakamba having a big part to play this season. 

As a prospect i hope he can develop here. I just get the sense people will want him in there and have ridiculous expectations of him. 

Â