Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Bristol City haven't won any of their last seven league games, during that run they also lost to Brighton in the FA Cup. Brighton on the other hand have won three of their last six and have recently beat both Man Utd and Chelsea, they also have twice as many points as Bristol City. If Brighton v Bristol City didn't have any consequence for us I  doubt anyone would be predicting a Bristol City win, that's not to say it won't happen but Brighton will be big favorites in that game.

• Like 1

We just need a point to stay up or hope that Brighton are not on the beach and take a minimum of a point off Bristol City.

There is another possible escape route. I see Small Heath women, have been charged by the FA with playing an ineligible player (Ruesha Littlejohn) against Reading (a game they drew). It would be such a blow if a points deduction led to their relegation wouldn't it? :crylaugh:

Arsenal have won their last nine games, I don't hold any hope of us getting anything from that game. Our best chance is Brighton avoiding defeat against Bristol City.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 18:42, ferguson1 said:

Turns out Birmingham have been charged for fielding a suspended player last Sunday (Ruesha Littlejohn).  Can you imagine a points deduction and subsequent relegation  :lol:

Strange there’s been no update on this yet?

I thought the case/charge was being heard yesterday?

Small Heath have been deducted one point, it means they're now not safe going into the last day of the season, but for them to go down would need them to lose to Man City, us to get a draw with Arsenal and for Bristol City to beat Brighton.

43 minutes ago, useless said:

Small Heath have been deducted one point, it means they're now not safe going into the last day of the season, but for them to go down would need them to lose to Man City, us to get a draw with Arsenal and for Bristol City to beat Brighton.

I think that’s a pretty lenient decision.  Hope Brighton are up for the game against Bristol.

On 06/05/2021 at 00:17, mikeyp102 said:

Marcus Bignot nominated for manager of month after 3 draws. Can’t see him winning it. 

If Lambert and McLeish are on the panel he has a chance 😉

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I think that’s a pretty lenient decision.  Hope Brighton are up for the game against Bristol.

I think fair play on the FA once, it seemed a deliberate act by their board to get them relegated so they can not pay them. FA have basically stuck two fingers up at their owners by punishing them but not the players 

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think fair play on the FA once, it seemed a deliberate act by their board to get them relegated so they can not pay them. FA have basically stuck two fingers up at their owners by punishing them but not the players 

I may have completely missed this, but their board insisted a suspended player played, to ensure they got relegated?

3 hours ago, Rich192 said:

I may have completely missed this, but their board insisted a suspended player played, to ensure they got relegated?

Apparently earlier in the season they’ve made rumblings that they  don’t want to fund a women’s team. They didn’t pay the players at one point. 
Relegation would likely lose all pro players, so would save them a fortune.

Coaches and Players obviously want to stay up. 

Reading between the lines, it seemed that the board deliberately failed to file the paperwork for the player. Meaning that they’d get a points deduction and pushing them towards relegation. 

Really hope they survive tomorrow, would be such a shame to come straight back down after all the investment last summer.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Odds on conceding late again? 

Either way, I’ll be chuffed if they stay up on the final day like the fella’s did last season.

Hopefully, they’ll have a more enjoyable time next season. 

Â