Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To the people who only think it's a demographic issue, do you think people would have been pissed off if Suso had tweeted that about Covid then ended up in a foreign magistrate court for not following lockdown rules? Personally, I think we'd have seen huge uproar.

Grealish probably should have been reprimanded, but a player **** up is very different than a board level executive. He's also a multi million pound asset so of course players get treated with kid gloves.

As for Perez it's a little different as he is directly accountable to fans when they vote him in. 

People were calling for suso to go anyway, it would've just been another stick to beat him with. But from what it sounds like a good number of people want rid of her, as if they didn't like her to begin with. Each to his own but not sure why. People saying they didn't trust her in the first place, something seemed off about her etc. I dunno, I just don't get that vibe personally. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The team are doing it on the pitch under her tenure 

A few daft comments and then the media going after her shouldn't be an issue 

They’ve only played 2 league games since she came in as Sporting Director. The teams success on the pitch has had nothing to do with her whatsoever. 

She’s a highly intelligent woman with a first class law degree but sadly never seems far from trouble. The newspapers might well have it in for her but she should have known better. Sounds like the story is concluded anyway, let off with a warning in Barbados so it doesn’t seem that the club need to do anything.

11 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To the people who only think it's a demographic issue, do you think people would have been pissed off if Suso had tweeted that about Covid then ended up in a foreign magistrate court for not following lockdown rules? Personally, I think we'd have seen huge uproar.

Foreign? You could have just said Belgium for Suso 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting game. Man City one of the top teams in Europe. Chelsea are similar and we lost 3-1 to them last season in the cup, though it was one apiece going into the last 15 mins. We pissed the league last year. I reckon a 3 1 defeat wouldn't be too bad.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Interesting game. Man City one of the top teams in Europe. Chelsea are similar and we lost 3-1 to them last season in the cup, though it was one apiece going into the last 15 mins. We pissed the league last year. I reckon a 3 1 defeat wouldn't be too bad.

I think that you have to go in to every match believing that you have a chance of winning, otherwise there’s no point in even turning up

• VT Supporter
4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Aston Villa Women are playing Manchester City Women today live on BT Sport 2.30pm kick off

After describing Villa Park as one of the grand old grounds of English football, they just focused the camera on the Aston Villa Flag flying above the Witton Lane Stand which is half shredded and said it's almost as ancient as the ground. 

Sort it out Villa. 

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â