Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

18 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

That second tweet, assuming its true, makes 90% of that daily mail article complete bollocks.  Shocking "news"paper, basically on a par with twitter gossip for its reliability.

Aside from this non scandal, great to see the women's team expanding with international players. Definitely a sign that our owners are looking at the whole picture to make this club great again (excuse the trumpism) and not just using villa as a quick profit maker. 

• Like 1

I don't think you can have your cake and eat it when it comes to jobs like this. People would kill for the position she has at such a high profile club yet she doesn't seem willing to cut back on her social media activity or being as vocal as she is in the media. Paints the club in a poor light also. Her remark about people and the covid payment. I mean, shut up woman.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The team are doing it on the pitch under her tenure 

A few daft comments and then the media going after her shouldn't be an issue 

So if they weren't doing well the "daft comments " wouldn't be acceptable ? I don't understand. She can act the clown as long as we are winning ? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't think you can have your cake and eat it when it comes to jobs like this. People would kill for the position she has at such a high profile club yet she doesn't seem willing to cut back on her social media activity or being as vocal as she is in the media. Paints the club in a poor light also. Her remark about people and the covid payment. I mean, shut up woman.

Apart from Aston Villa women don't have a high profile

We're punching above her weight with her on board 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Apart from Aston Villa women don't have a high profile

We're punching above her weight with her on board 

So her profile as a former player, a high profile player,  allows her to drag the club into the mud with her daily Twitter musings ( some of which are idiotic ) If we employed someone off the side of the street we should have the same tolerance and code of etiquette to airing your very personal views on Twitter whilst your the sporting director ( yes the women's are not as big ) at a massive organisation. She's not flipping burgers at McDonald's.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So if they weren't doing well the "daft comments " wouldn't be acceptable ? I don't understand. She can act the clown as long as we are winning ? 🤔

It's usually the way it works in football. Perez is always doing something ridiculous at Madrid - undermining managers, planning theme parks (remember the piss taking of Tony Xia for that) in the Middle East. Madrid are successful so it rarely gets mentioned. Abramovich with his dodgy links to Putin. Human rights abuses by the powers that be in Abu Dhabi, Qatar - respective owners of Man City and Qatar. I'm sure there are other examples.

Players are always doing something daft. As mentioned above Grealish crashed his car during lockdown. That was also fairly daft - where were the calls to get rid of him? The scrutiny of these actions however is very limited.

Her comments on the pandemic unemployment benefits were not good and I didn't agree with what she said. They were however a drop in the ocean compared to some of what I've listed above. As for this made-up breach of regulations today, it's a non-story.

flippin eck there are some reactions on here...my understanding is that she even offered to pay a fine with the barbados government said it wasn't necessary as it was just a misunderstanding.

what jack did was 100 times worse than this or some social media comment and it was forgotten about as quickly as it took him to leg it to his house...i'm clearly missing something? why the hate?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

flippin eck there are some reactions on here...my understanding is that she even offered to pay a fine with the barbados government said it wasn't necessary as it was just a misunderstanding.

what jack did was 100 times worse than this or some social media comment and it was forgotten about as quickly as it took him to leg it to his house...i'm clearly missing something? why the hate?

Powerful Female? That’s my theory

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Powerful Female? That’s my theory

Powerful opinionated black female

Pick your poison

her face will never fit with some, that's what makes her the target of stories like this, she has the relevance which no one else associated with our women's team has, like I said the majority of our men's team aren't relevant enough for that to make the news 

• Like 3

To the people who only think it's a demographic issue, do you think people would have been pissed off if Suso had tweeted that about Covid then ended up in a foreign magistrate court for not following lockdown rules? Personally, I think we'd have seen huge uproar.

Grealish probably should have been reprimanded, but a player **** up is very different than a board level executive. He's also a multi million pound asset so of course players get treated with kid gloves.

As for Perez it's a little different as he is directly accountable to fans when they vote him in. 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To the people who only think it's a demographic issue, do you think people would have been pissed off if Suso had tweeted that about Covid then ended up in a foreign magistrate court for not following lockdown rules? Personally, I think we'd have seen huge uproar.

Grealish probably should have been reprimanded, but a player **** up is very different than a board level executive. He's also a multi million pound asset so of course players get treated with kid gloves.

As for Perez it's a little different as he is directly accountable to fans when they vote him in. 

People were calling for suso to go anyway, it would've just been another stick to beat him with. But from what it sounds like a good number of people want rid of her, as if they didn't like her to begin with. Each to his own but not sure why. People saying they didn't trust her in the first place, something seemed off about her etc. I dunno, I just don't get that vibe personally. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The team are doing it on the pitch under her tenure 

A few daft comments and then the media going after her shouldn't be an issue 

They’ve only played 2 league games since she came in as Sporting Director. The teams success on the pitch has had nothing to do with her whatsoever. 

She’s a highly intelligent woman with a first class law degree but sadly never seems far from trouble. The newspapers might well have it in for her but she should have known better. Sounds like the story is concluded anyway, let off with a warning in Barbados so it doesn’t seem that the club need to do anything.

Â