Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Hannah Hampton called up to England Squad

Aston Villa goalkeeper Hannah Hampton and Manchester United forward Alessia Russo have been recalled to the England squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Northern Ireland and Latvia.

The continued absence of Roebuck means the battle to become England's next regular starting goalkeeper continues, with Mary Earps getting the chance to stake a claim in the last round of qualifiers and promising 20-year-old Hampton hoping for a chance this time.

A sign we are moving our women’s team in the right direction quality wise. Would she be the first England representative from the women’s team at Villa?

Our U21s won 5-0 away to Leicester earlier today, that's thirty-eight goals they've scored in the last eleven games.

Edit: I get the information from this site 'Full-Time'.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Our U21s won 5-0 away to Leicester earlier today, that's thirty-eight goals they've scored in the last eleven games.

Edit: I get the information from this site 'Full-Time'.

Men’s team? I can’t find any info on it

Lost on penalties, disappointing result and performance, the fact that Liverpool were constantly time wasting after their equalizer illustrates that a draw and a chance to take the game to penalties was a very good result for them. On the plus side Mayling looks a class above everyone else, could see her getting frustrated at times, and understandably so, probably should be in the England squad, already wondering if other teams might come in for her.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Strange to say that losing isn't a bad result, but given the gulf in quality between the two sides then a 1-0 defeat to Chelsea isn't a bad result, it's the first time this season they've failed to score two or more goals, they beat Man City 3-0 in their last game, they also put six past Man Utd earlier this season.

So hopefully we can take some confidence from this game and make it count against teams that we have a better chance of beating, next game for us is small heath.

• Like 2

Our U21s played Everton away today, they had won five out of five in the league and we had won four and drawn one, so it was second v top, an Everton win would have put them five points clear of us. But we won 0-2 and are now top of the league, and the only team to remain unbeaten.

• Like 3

Derby day tomorrow. An opportunity for us to go to Small Heath and help them towards the relegation trap door, and perhaps even send ourselves into the top half. :flag:

Edited by John

1 hour ago, John said:

Derby day tomorrow. An opportunity for us to go to Small Heath and help them towards the relegation trap door, and perhaps even send ourselves into the top half. :flag:

Would you believe we’ve never beaten them in a WSL game? So we could also change history tomorrow by beating them.

As you say, a win would go a long way to sealing their fate and securing ours. 🤞

• Like 2

I don't think it's that surprising that we've never beaten them in the WSL, I'm not even sure how many seasons we've spent at this level in our history but it won't be many at all, so have probably only payed them a handful of times in the top flight, if that, and you only have to go back a few seasons to when they were one of the better teams, whilst we didn't really start taking our women's team seriously until the new owners and Purslow came in.

Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow, I find international qualifers boring, so looking forward to seeing how we get on.

Â