Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

I think World Cups is the future in the women's game, not leagues.

The men's leagues are too established by this point and most people will not go out of their way to watch a worse product. Most people want to watch football at the highest level, that's just the harsh truth.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think World Cups is the future in the women's game, not leagues.

The men's leagues are too established by this point and most people will not go out of their way to watch a worse product. Most people want to watch football at the highest level, that's just the harsh truth.

And the selection of women playing in those World Cups will be based on . . .?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

And the selection of women playing in those World Cups will be based on . . .?

Who knows.

Most of the USWNT have played more games for the US than they have club level.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What happened to Villa ladies? They did a name change? When?

A statement was made one day before the start of this thread, as per the opening post.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

On 27/07/2019 at 17:01, Shropshire Lad said:

Let’s go crazy and have a bit of football in this thread shall we?

Pick this one out.

What a goal! I really hope the World Cup carries over to women's leagues all over the world. 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 16:01, Shropshire Lad said:

Let’s go crazy and have a bit of football in this thread shall we?

Pick this one out.

That ground looks sunday league standard. 

Do the women's team get to play at Villa Park?

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That ground looks sunday league standard. 

Do the women's team get to play at Villa Park?

I don’t know if ever get to play at Villa Park, maybe the occasional match, I don’t know.

From what I understand they play their home matches at the Trevor Brown Memorial Ground, home of Boldmere St Michaels. 

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t know if ever get to play at Villa Park, maybe the occasional match, I don’t know.

From what I understand they play their home matches at the Trevor Brown Memorial Ground, home of Boldmere St Michaels. 

They do play some matches at Villa Park, the occasional match

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Villa Women playing Blackburn at Villa Park tomorrow. Might well have gone out of curiosity had I been free. I'm sure the club will be hoping to smash the 1,600 record from last season. I wonder what a game against Blues on an international weekend would draw if the women's side went up (there looks to be pretty healthy crowd at the Etihad today).

1 hour ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Villa Women playing Blackburn at Villa Park tomorrow. Might well have gone out of curiosity had I been free. I'm sure the club will be hoping to smash the 1,600 record from last season. I wonder what a game against Blues on an international weekend would draw if the women's side went up (there looks to be pretty healthy crowd at the Etihad today).

Free for season ticket holders if you purchase online. As there are 30000 season ticket holders I think it's a decent offer!

I have got 6 as it's free to give it a whirl!

• Like 1

Â