Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi 2019/2020

villalad21

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes it's time for another season and hopefully many, many goals.

Me personally think Messi will be superior to him this season because of Ronaldo's age (34)

I don't think Ronaldo's age comes in to it, the man is a machine

will be interesting to see how barca line up now they have added Griezmann (ill be amazed if they add Neymar) messi scoring 50+ goals from a number 10 if not deeper role in the team 

still don't think juve will win the CL

Messi to outperform Ronaldo in goals and assists yet again, but Barcelona don't win the CL and everyone says how Ronaldo is the better player because Portugal won the Euros.

Repeat for every season until they both retire.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, which is worse; tax evasion or rape?

To the Government? Tax evasion of course. 

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’d say a convicted crime is worse than an accusation for which there has been no conviction. 

Depends how you view hush money, I suppose. 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think Ronaldo's age comes in to it, the man is a machine

Time waits for no man.  Ronaldo is extremely fit, he appears to have the strength and cardio of someone a lot younger but he's also got the joints and ligaments of a man in his mid thirties.  He's clearly lost a yard from the guy who'd reliably get 50 goals a season and while he has adapted his game I think his best days are behind him.  I can't see him winning another Ballon d;Or, and I suspect the days of the duopoly are well and truly over.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

“Outperform as always”. 

He didn’t when they were in the same league. Maybe it was the team.

No, you're right. He never outscored him once. Never won any trophies at club level, since international ones don't count. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

No, you're right. He never outscored him once. Never won any trophies at club level, since international ones don't count. 

In the last 10 years Ronaldo has outscored Messi 3 times as far as I can see.

There have been times when Ronaldo has outperformed Messi, no doubt.

But to say Ronaldo "always" outperforms Messi is, frankly, pretty bizarre. I'd guess even the staunchest fan of either player would concede that the other player has at times been the better performer.

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

Messi to outperform Ronaldo in goals and assists yet again.

Repeat for every season until they both retire.

20 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ronaldo to outperform as always. Messi will probably score more given the team/league.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

In the last 10 years Ronaldo has outscored Messi 3 times as far as I can see.

There have been times when Ronaldo has outperformed Messi, no doubt.

But to say Ronaldo "always" outperforms Messi is, frankly, pretty bizarre. I'd guess even the staunchest fan of either player would concede that the other player has at times been the better performer.

It was more a tongue in cheek response to the above comment, but I'm assuming you must have missed that given you didn't feel the need to give the balanced view?

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

It was more a tongue in cheek response to the above comment, but I'm assuming you must have missed that given you didn't feel the need to give the balanced view?

I saw it. But I think bobzy's comment is far different. he's saying Messi will outscore/out assist Ronaldo until they retire. Which given Ronaldo's age I think is far more probable.

If he's suggesting that Messi has ALWAYS outscored and ALWAYS outperformed Ronaldo, then I'd give him the same response I gave you.

Â