Said Benrahma

MaVilla

56 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Watching QPR - Brentford and dreaming wet dreams about Benrahma. His nutmeg on Leistner in the 39th minute made me drool, hopefully there will be a clip of it somewhere.

Not sure how willing Brentford would be to let him go in January or if we would be ready to meet the asking price, but I'm still praying for us to sign him. 

• Thanks 2

Bowen and Olly Watkins looked standout players in the championship last season. 

Watkins impressed me at Villa Park last year  - he impressed me even more when he spoke after the game and sounded quite sharp upstairs n'all. 

He can play a few positions up front and has added goals to his game this season in a more advanced role. 

Not saying either are nailed on to take the top flight by storm, but those are the kind of longer term projects I'd like to see us invest in. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11867415/aston-villa-retain-interest-in-brentfords-said-benrahma-ahead-of-january-transfer-window

Aston Villa remain interested in Brentford winger Said Benrahma ahead of the January transfer window, Sky Sports News understands.

The Midlands club put in a number of offers for the Algeria international during the summer but could not agree a deal with the Bees, who value him at £20m.

That sum may still prove too much for ex-Brentford manager Dean Smith to bring his former player to Villa Park in the New Year, after the Premier League side spent around £120m on their new squad in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of watching him up close against Fulham on Saturday. I'd pay to watch just him. Ollie Watkins too. Both played fantastically and it was the most one-sided one-nil I've seen in a long time. 

Was gutted we never got him in the summer and really hope we can get him in the January window but unfortunately I think the price will (still) be too much for what we are willing to pay, shame.

If we stay up this season I think there is a very good possibility he will be wearing claret and blue next season, so fingers crossed🤞

• 5 weeks later...

Had a strange dream that we'd signed him. Only when I realised it was a dream, and how disappointed I was that it wasn't true did I start thinking this needs to happen.

Any links? Can't see us attracting anyone better than current championship players or premier league has beens, and this guy is the best choice of those for me.  An untried international signing that may not settle in England is a gamble we can't afford alone.  Need someone likely to settle quick, and Benrahma's affiliation with Dean is about as close as we'll get.

Doubt he'll be leaving this month. They're going to be play-offs at worst.

Funnily enough I could see him leaving in the summer whether they're up or not.

Once they've got £150m of PL money sorted it opens up another world of players to them. 

They'll probably replace him for a quarter of the money they sell him for.

• 3 weeks later...
Â