Said Benrahma

MaVilla

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well I wouldn't. I simply don't think he's all that. Better off we stick to our guns and set a presedence for next window. It's a recently injured Brentford player and you are acting like it's Ronaldo. Keep the money and spend it next summer. 

Might be in the Championship then.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's about principles though, in a way god of Villa to stick to their guns.

It obviously is. The new leadership at the club aren't mugs. What you do one window will get noticed and affect the next one. Buying a pound of potential value for 2 quid is obviously not how we should operate any way. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Would have just paid the 5m extra tbh....

And then we will be like Man United in this window, where teams know they will give in and pay anything. So every price from that point gets higher and higher 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

And then we will be like Man United in this window, where teams know they will give in and pay anything. So every price from that point gets higher and higher 

Not really, totally different.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

It's not. Clubs know they will give in to pressure and pay whatever is needed - and so they hold old for more money.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

No it's not. He is spot on. 

sorry, i disagree.

we would "possibly" be offering an extra 5m (so 20m), for a player that if he performed could be worth 40, 50 or even 60, 70m after a good season or two.

Thats totally different to Manure paying 80m or 85m for someone like Maguire because Leicester knew they had money.

Overpaying stupidly is one thing, paying a little more in a set of circumstances or set scenario that could turn out to be a brilliant deal if it works out, are just not the same thing, at all.

Now, if we wanted to pay 25m for a striker who is 28, and we ended up paying 50m because "Villa Money", but there was little to no chance of it being a long term benefit to us, or resale, or it working, or whatever, thats a completely different scenario again.

So my point is, each scenario is different, and should be judged on merit, and in the Benrahma situation, if we wanted to pay 15m, and they wanted 20m, thats a deal at 20m that would highly likely be highly beneficial to us in the short to medium term.

Â