Said Benrahma

MaVilla

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah I have just been looking at him on wyscout and watching a few clips. I don't know where I got the idea I could pretend he isn't utterly brilliant from. Probably trying to appear clever and contrary.

Well you’re halfway there....

• Like 1

His stats of ten goals and fourteen assists in the league are even more impressive, when you consider that in terms of minutes in the pitch he played the equivalent of less than 28 games in the Championship last season.

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

:D

To be honest he is one I have avoided looking into as I wanted to avoid getting my hopes up. But as there's only a day left in the window I though sod it, what have I got to lose... 

...Sleep now, probably. 

Legend mate. UTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

His stats of ten goals and fourteen assists in the league are even more impressive, when you consider that in terms of minutes in the pitch he played the equivalent of less than 28 games in the Championship last season.

Jeepers.

I don't understand why more aren't in for him.

I actually think Brentford want this sale. They have expenses tied up already with facilities and lots of purchases. Just offer 15 million and if they decline, move on to other targets. It's just a random winger from Brentford, not Ronaldo. Loads of alternatives out there, cheaper and without his injury issues. 

Personally I would move on anyway. 

50 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Statistically he is comparable to Trezeguet, in a tougher league (IMO). Except unlike Trezeguet he has outperformed his expected goals, so he's likely a better finisher. And he's more creative. More chances created, more chances finished. He's Trezeguet+ basically. 

I reckon if you stick him and Trezeguet or El Ghazi up top playing off Wes, and they click, you are potentially looking at 30 goals between them. How much is that worth to Aston Villa? I dunno. 

If we're willing to go to £20m we may as well go to £25m, in my opinion. But that's a more general one. No harm haggling until the last moment if we need to. 

I've been one of those that doesn't advocate chucking £20m at Championship players, but I think I'd make exception for this guy, he looks really good, I feel he could have an Ashley Young type of impact and that has to be worth £20m nowadays.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly, if Maupay went for 20m, Benrahma is worth at least that and I wouldn't break a sweat in paying it. Obviously we're getting close to our FFP limit and I'd imagine the club is trying to drive down the price.

I don’t think FFP limit comes into it. However, we don’t want to be seen as weak and go up to everyone’s asking price. We would have business discussions and set a limit on how much we feel a player is worth. They would appear to think that £25m is too much

• Like 1

STOP THE TEASING! here I've been chillaxing at a spa all day reaching that sweet zen and just found out this isn't over the line yet. My beautiful heart man, get this shit done already!

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

We are in very good shape just google Brentford fc Debt.

71m or something isn't it?

Certainly within the top 10 indebted clubs in the championship, although I believe that all owed to your owner and not banks?  So not as bad.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

He eats brie, and camembert

Woooah Ooooooh

Frederick Guilbert

That's just a lazy stereotype. 

Racists the lot of you.

* Unless you have proof he eats Brie and Camembert

• Like 1

Â