AVTV 2019/20

sidcow

• 7 months later...

I'm so annoyed that most of the good stuff has gone away from YouTube. 

I don't have a smart TV with a browser so need to buy a box to connect to the Internet. 

Can anyone advise what's the best product to achieve this and watch AVTV on my TV? I've been looking at Chrome cast to send it from my phone/tablet to the TV but am aware it doesn't like to stream some video services. 

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't have a smart TV with a browser so need to buy a box to connect to the Internet. 

Can anyone advise what's the best product to achieve this and watch AVTV on my TV? I've been looking at Chrome cast to send it from my phone/tablet to the TV but am aware it doesn't like to stream some video services. 

Thanks. 

HDMI cable from laptop to TV ?

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

HDMI cable from laptop to TV ?

Thanks, but I don't want to be firing up the laptop and messing with cables when I want bit of AVTV.  Was hoping for a slicker solution. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thanks, but I don't want to be firing up the laptop and messing with cables when I want bit of AVTV.  Was hoping for a slicker solution. 

Can’t you just watch it on your phone? That’s what I do. Or, for interviews and pressers I just listen like it’s audio only, and close the video.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

IME - Thats quicker than most other add on boxes etc - and will work every time

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Its really not that great that you need to buy an extra bit of equipment to have permanently attached to your TV just to watch a few interviews

Just watch it on your phone? but if you are looking at buying a smart device then don't buy a Roku as they don't have a browser. Chromecast basically projects from another device or theres Firestick

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Thanks. 

On my older 'not so smart tv' I have an apple box hooked up to it. You have YouTube etc preloaded on there with a few other apps. You can also stream BT sport to it via MacBook, iPhone or iPad. Chromecast is decent enough if you have any Android phone or Chromebook. I haven't tried streaming to the Chromecast via laptop though I'm sure it's possible.

Edited by Sulberto21

I know I can watch it on my phone but for match highlights I want the big screen. 

I have Roku already but that doesn't have a web browser to get into Villa TV.  That's why I was hoping Chrome cast or something could broadcast AVTV to my TV from my phone, or there was a better smart box that has a proper Web browser. 

No doubt the pre season games will be on that now instead of YouTube as well. 

Call me old fashioned but I like to watch a TV, not a phone. 

The whole AVTV thing is very irritating compared to a YouTube channel. 

Edited by sidcow

Must admit I find AVTV hideous to use on my iPhone. Its so jumpy, terrible user interface and extremely clunky to get round. I do miss the extended highlights from YouTube, they were so good. I was also dead certain that having Jack Woodward back as commentator was going to curse us and send us own last season like he last time he was commentating for us, but that's more my own issue than his. 

Â