Jump to content

AVTV 2019/20


sidcow
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter

OK so I don't subscribe to this but I see people moaning all the time. 

I do/have watched loads of the YouTube videos which I assume are basically AVTV. 

So the quality of commentary and analysis is as far as I can see ranging from poor to downright ambarassing. 

The commentator on the Minnesota website TV sounded like he worked on Sky Sports or summat.  And it turns out he's a huge Villa fan and ex season ticket holder.

Can we not outbid an MLS team and bring a commentator home? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

The lady co commentator was really good for Minnesota as well. And yeah AVTV sucks the only negative thing about the club currently. As for Jack Woodward and his possible awful return we are already discussing him in the social media thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack Woodward...

As an American, I first thought he was attempting to be some weird Mr. Bean type character I chalked up to horrible British comedy I didn't understand.  Over the years, though, I've realized that he's just a strange person with not a lot of broadcasting talent.  To me, he personifies just how much AVTV has been neglected over the years.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Don't get the dislike for JW - no better or worse than any other commentator - bear in mind he is talking for 90 mins on hos own. I think he does a reasonable .....although 'Mings Pings' made me smile

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Jack Woodward...

As an American, I first thought he was attempting to be some weird Mr. Bean type character I chalked up to horrible British comedy I didn't understand.  Over the years, though, I've realized that he's just a strange person with not a lot of broadcasting talent.  To me, he personifies just how much AVTV has been neglected over the years.  

I could write a short essay on why somebody like Jack Woodward deserves his position. The amount of time the bloke put in off the record under Lerner, just so we could have any sort of product, was crazy. Him and his team of 1/2 more blokes scripted, filmed, edited, audio edited all of our content. Thankfully things are better now but he has a passion for Villa and for commentary, for me his return is welcomed and he deserves his role back after all the crap he took from fans + the club behind the scenes.

On a side note, Charlton having crap facilities for live broadcasting isn't our fault.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Jack Woodward...

As an American, I first thought he was attempting to be some weird Mr. Bean type character I chalked up to horrible British comedy I didn't understand.  Over the years, though, I've realized that he's just a strange person with not a lot of broadcasting talent.  To me, he personifies just how much AVTV has been neglected over the years.  

Well said. Jack Woodward is incompetent.  Its as simple as that.  He cannot commentate and speaks in cliches or amateur stand up  because he doesnt actually know anything about football.

How on earth he has managed to get rehired after being rightly shown the door last time I have no idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I could write a short essay on why somebody like Jack Woodward deserves his position. The amount of time the bloke put in off the record under Lerner, just so we could have any sort of product, was crazy. Him and his team of 1/2 more blokes scripted, filmed, edited, audio edited all of our content. Thankfully things are better now but he has a passion for Villa and for commentary, for me his return is welcomed and he deserves his role back after all the crap he took from fans + the club behind the scenes.

On a side note, Charlton having crap facilities for live broadcasting isn't our fault.

Jack was getting paid for doing his job - as regards his passion for villa , maybe he is fond of his time at the club but he himself would tell you Aston villa is definitely not the club he supports - granted he worked hard during his time here but as a commentator he is pretty poor in my opinion and that’s being very kind to him 

Edited by Eastie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, villaluke said:

anyone know whats happening with avtv this season haven't heard anything about it this season?

With all the international mega deals for the premier league, there will be no live content. Probably go back to an audio feed like it used to be before relegation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

With all the international mega deals for the premier league, there will be no live content. Probably go back to an audio feed like it used to be before relegation.

i knew it would be audio  if anything but just surprised we haven't heard anything if they will do live commentary this season and how much it will cost etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â