Villa Social Media Channels 19/20

dont_do_it_doug.

I'm glad he's back. AVTV was pretty dire without Captain Jack.

I actually met him when Ron Vlaar signed and did a signing at the club shop. I asked to get a picture with Jack and he almost looked embarrassed but complied. I think he thought I was taking the piss, or didn't think I'd know who he was!

He's not Alan Partridge, but OUR Alan Partridge!

Edit: I may well be over reacting. I think I got triggered by a return of anything I associate with those final Lerner years. Those were dark times my friends. I hope you can forgive the strength of feeling.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

5 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Edit: I may well be over reacting. I think I got triggered by a return of anything I associate with those final Lerner years. Those were dark times my friends. I hope you can forgive the strength of feeling.

Jack was around way before Lerner, stretching back to the late 90's when Villa had a radio station on cable TV. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Sad 1

I chatted to him in the car park before the friendly at Swindon in 2015.  I told him my favourite bit of commentary was Brian Moore on Atkinson’s goal at Wembley in 1994.  From saying “it’s a goal by Dalian Atkinson”, Moore waited 15 seconds before his next comment.  Jack didn’t get the hint!

• Like 1

I met him before the FA cup final. He interviewed me although as far as I’m aware it never got shown on any sort of AVTV output. I must have been too boring. 

But anyway he seemed like a really nice guy and really passionate about us. 

I’ve no problem with him being back. 

In general I think our social media is really good. Great sense of humour and lots of output. 

They need to improve the live reporting on match days though. That’s shit. 

Â