How to change Avatar

sidcow
Go to solution Solved by limpid,

Question

I'm sure someone will tell me it's been answered somewhere before but after searching I can't find it. 

I have tried changing my avatar but can't work out how to do it. 

I've changed my profile pic which changes the wider banner on my profile, but the avatar stayed the same.

I am afraid I will need idiot proof step by step instructions suitable for an old codger who never even saw a computer at school. 

Thanks. 

3 answers to this question

• Solution
Just now, sidcow said:

I'm sure someone will tell me it's been answered somewhere before but after searching I can't find it. 

I have tried changing my avatar but can't work out how to do it. 

I've changed my profile pic which changes the wider banner on my profile, but the avatar stayed the same.

I am afraid I will need idiot proof step by step instructions suitable for an old codger who never even saw a computer at school. 

Thanks. 

You've managed it at least once before :mrgreen:

Click on your name in the top right.

Click profile

Where your avatar is displayed, there is a square in the bottom left of your avatar. Click it.

• Thanks 1

I thought my avatar was tied to my Facebook profile pic - last time I changed it, my VT avatar changed, leading to some humorous debate. However, I just changed it again, but this time the VT pic hasn't changed. Dunno what's different. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I thought my avatar was tied to my Facebook profile pic - last time I changed it, my VT avatar changed, leading to some humorous debate. However, I just changed it again, but this time the VT pic hasn't changed. Dunno what's different. 

Facebook are always changing the rules about what data is shared when you link your account. I don't try to keep up any more.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â