Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think something about this lad needs a mention. In the first game v Spurs one of the commentators remarked at how far apart our CB's were when playing out. What has been even more noticeable since that Spurs game has been the role that Luiz plays in slipping into the back line to allow the CB's to split wider which then allows forward movement of the FB's. This then opens spaces further up the pitch for the wide players to find and Wes. Luiz coming in has been integral as to how Smith wants us to play. I'm sure he will continue to improve and although many other players will take the credit for tonights win he was very instrumental in helping us get it.  

Pretty sure Luiz played as a CB at Girona a few times as part of a back 3 so yes he will have that game knowledge when to drop in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think something about this lad needs a mention. In the first game v Spurs one of the commentators remarked at how far apart our CB's were when playing out. What has been even more noticeable since that Spurs game has been the role that Luiz plays in slipping into the back line to allow the CB's to split wider which then allows forward movement of the FB's. This then opens spaces further up the pitch for the wide players to find and Wes. Luiz coming in has been integral as to how Smith wants us to play. I'm sure he will continue to improve and although many other players will take the credit for tonights win he was very instrumental in helping us get it.  

Dodnt even notice he was on the pitch till he drove forwards right at the end of the first half and got the free kick. 🙈

He is looking good and I suspect if connor doesnt start, he may take on free kick duties.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kept things ticking over when necessary and took up some really important defensive positions, subtly played quite well in an extremely crowded midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Don't say that out loud. Jonsi will come for you.

He’s like the Candyman. You say a name ending in ‘son’ 3 times in front of the mirror and he appears. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s like the Candyman. You say a name ending in ‘son’ 3 times in front of the mirror and he appears. 

Heung-Min Son, Heung-Min Son, Heung-Min Son. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone was cooing over his bournemouth performance. i personally didnt see it...thought the goal papered over the cracks. last night however i was really pleased with him. it was an overall efficient, businesslike performance. he broke up their play a number of times with some great interceptions and didnt put a foot wrong. unsung hero last night for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the way he was positioning everyone, “ you go there watch him, drop off, push up ‘ etc etc etc. Another captain in our squad of captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't on the ball as much as last week but it was a pretty mature tactical display from him against a good midfield that is packed and routinely sees the wide players drifting in, so very crowded and compressed. I like the fact that he gets the 'dark arts' of the game as well, we've lacked this for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is going to be some player. Still only 21.

Can see him playing for Brazil and a top European team in the future. Great bit of business from us to get him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn’t stand out but he was pretty much everywhere and always involved. He is the kind of player that is so important to a team. A unsung hero. Was it Cantona that called the role the water carrier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wish the crowd would stop doing the whole shoooooooot thing when he picks up the ball 30 yards from goal. I get that it's kinda funny but I think it can cloud the players thinking a little and maybe warn the opposition if he is thinking of shooting.

On reflection I do sound a bit of a buzz Killington saying that :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Si. said:

He is going to be some player. Still only 21.

Can see him playing for Brazil and a top European team in the future. Great bit of business from us to get him in.

In the future?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved all his soft headers just cushioning the ball and controlling it or short passing to the midfield.

He is very, very good. Also, if there was going to be a scrap I would rather be on the same side... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He plays like a 30 year old veteran who's seen it all. Very disciplined tactically, and is technically superb but doesn't mind doing the other side of the game to help the team. What a player we've got. Crazy to think he's only 21. When the board said they were scouting characters as well as ability they weren't joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sigurdsson was pretty much anonymous tonight

 

19 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Don't say that out loud. Jonsi will come for you.

/me rubs the genie bottle once.

@Jonsi77

/me rubs the genie bottle twice.

/me rubs the genie bottle thrice.

I summon you!, speak the words to the heathens!, the words!, the words!, the wordsssssss!

@Jonsi77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Don't say that out loud. Jonsi will come for you.

Gylfi Sigurdsson was awful but Luiz vas very good, very promising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â