Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Given the absolute state of the squad when the summer started, we just have to face it that this summer we will be forced to, in the immortal words of our former manager "beg, borrow and steal" to build our team for next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What position did he play?

Looked to be playing the holding role but was very direct carrying the ball , I might be wrong but think I can remember him taking freekicks in that game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sne said:

Given the absolute state of the squad when the summer started, we just have to face it that this summer we will be forced to, in the immortal words of our former manager "beg, borrow and steal" to build our team for next season.

Don’t think we are doing that at all. We don’t appear to be getting loans or players past their best. We’re not picking up freebies. We have a structured plan in place and getting the players we want that fit our style and ethos. All appear to be around the same age so they can all grow together. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Enjoyed this on their forum

 

Can see it now:

Prince William : "Grandmama, Aston Villa desire to purchase a Brazilian gentleman, but he is having difficulties with a work permit, could one please get me MI5 on the line pronto?"

Queen: "No problem darling I will get one a direct line immediately, anything for my coochy coo""

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

F this is to be taken at face value let's see how we feel about this in 12 months.

We also have to give him a good while to get used to the new league, by the time he's up to speed city will take him back.

The only way he stays is if he flops.

Surely it's much better to build medium and long term, with this it's out of our hands.

 

Out of interest, Would you sooner we get financially raped for a championship defensive midfielder instead?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

More I think about this I reckon it might be an obligation type thing. They have to buy him back from us for £20m next summer. Something like that.

We're doing it as a service to get him in and get him a WP.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

F this is to be taken at face value let's see how we feel about this in 12 months.

We also have to give him a good while to get used to the new league, by the time he's up to speed city will take him back.

The only way he stays is if he flops.

Surely it's much better to build medium and long term, with this it's out of our hands.

 

What if he turns into a £60m player but they find a £90m player who is a world beater and spend the extra? Certainly hasn't flopped but they don't buy him.

Or they want to buy him but get a transfer ban for FFP regulations being broken (definitely possible) and they can't buy him. We sell for whatever we want to anybody and they can't do anything about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Motor I think about this I reckon it might be an obligation type thing. They have to buy him back from us for £20m next summer. Something like that.

We're doing it as a service to get him in and get him a WP.

He does seem to have a good engine. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The buy back may also be a bit of reassurance for the player - that he has not necessarily given up his chances of playing with one of the world's top clubs. It might just be enough of a carrot to get him to play out of his skin for Villa too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if we sign Luiz, does that fill the role of the CDM we need, or do we think we would still be in for Philips? 

Ideally, with Konsa being able to rotate to a DM also if needed, if this guy is good enough and available for £15m, this could work out a better deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But he's helping us out for a season, and we're making a profit. So it's basically a loan with a chance to make a profit. And like I said look at the state of our squad, we needed bodies. If we have only one 'loan' (a quality player and a chance to make a profit), I'm taking it all day long.

 

And as people have said, City have just signed Rodri, so we either make a profit from a 'loan', or we keep him. No negatives for me!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â