Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

22 minutes ago, sne said:

People who wanted a new Jedi style brute at DCM will be disappointed as this guy is tiny.

I like mobile, intelligent DCM's so I'm all for it.

As long as he doesn't have Jedinak's 'suicidal backpasses' trait it's all good :D

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Why is it worrying? What's the issue?

well if we buy him for 15 million and they have a set price of 22 million then we are losing out if he is brilliant.

Also other very hypothetical scenario City get an injury day before deadline day, snap him up on the cheap instead of paying double or triple for another player

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why is it worrying? What's the issue?

The issue could be that you dont get market value.

If we pay 15 and the buy back is 30, if he performs well in the prem his actual value would be more like 50/60.....

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

The issue could be that you dont get market value.

If we pay 15 and the buy back is 30, if he performs well in the prem his actual value would be more like 50/60.....

But he's helping us out for a season, and we're making a profit. So it's basically a loan with a chance to make a profit. And like I said look at the state of our squad, we needed bodies. If we have only one 'loan' (a quality player and a chance to make a profit), I'm taking it all day long.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Where is everyone seeing this buy back from city? 

Its how City do business with young players after Sancho fiasco. Re-signed Angelino in summer from PSV in same way

3 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

The buy back is not really an issue for me, we wouldn’t get a player of this (apparent) calibre into the club otherwise, and if he is a success and we stay up because his performances helped that, we’ll profit on another year of premier league money and have a great indication of what kind of player we need going forward to fill that position. And getting paid a nominal at the same time for it. 

Yep.... and let’s face it if city wanted him in the next season or two they would get him anyway. 

Makes more sense than £30m (speculation) for Phillips.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well if we buy him for 15 million and they have a set price of 22 million then we are losing out if he is brilliant.

Also other very hypothetical scenario City get an injury day before deadline day, snap him up on the cheap instead of paying double or triple for another player

Villa would’ve thought of that. If memory serves me correct that on some similar deals in Spain, the buy back is by a date ie 30th June, it’s not open during total transfer window.  They are likely to have option to buy back during specific timeframes.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We aren’t losing out if we wouldn’t otherwise have a chance to sign him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Bit concerning though as they had that with a full back that they sold to a Dutch club, they just activated the buy back this summer.

The concern is he does well he would be a 50m+ player, if we sign him for 25 and the buy back is....

..30?

Exactly right.

This will be the norm now with the bigger clubs, the new loan market.

It's actually a shrewd bit of business from their point of view!

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it difficult to connect with any player who is not really ours.

Tammy and Tyrone were pretty popular with the fan base last season thou.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â