Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Say it is 30 million, leeds want that for Phillip's now; that's a championship player.

The price of players will only go up, so relatively are we going to be better off?

It's a loan, pure and simple, only with the added downside that if he's not all that we are lumbered.

It just surprises me that the powers would agree to this, if it's true of course.

I get your point, but if we make a decent amount of money on the deal and it secures us PL football for another year, and at that point we can revision the DMC position? 

I kinda agree with you, but I feel for Deano to some extent cause he has so much work to do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If a player is signed within the top 15% (i think) of their record transfers then they get points towards getting a work permit.  Obviously City's record is a lot higher than ours.

Here's something I read on another site. 

A lot of the points in the appeals system are based on your importance to the club you join.

The biggest difference maker will be his wages. Here are the possible points a player can get -

3pts - Fee is in the top 25% of all PL transfers this summer.

2pts - Fee is in the top 50% of all PL transfers this summer.

3pts - The wages are in the top 25% at the club.

2pts - The wages are in the top 50% at the club.

1pt - The players current club is in a top league and he played 30% or more games.

1pt - the players current club is in European competition and played 30% of games.

Take the Mariano Diaz deal for example.

Real sold him to Lyon for about £8m, he was a massive hit so when other clubs got interested they bought him back the following season for a set price of something like £23m (Real owned a % of him so it would have been a bit more otherwise)

They are now looking to sell him again...

Not sure about the details but Deulofeu had a similar thing going with Barcelona

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Say it is 30 million, leeds want that for Phillip's now; that's a championship player.

The price of players will only go up, so relatively are we going to be better off?

It's a loan, pure and simple, only with the added downside that if he's not all that we are lumbered.

It just surprises me that the powers would agree to this, if it's true of course.

i've never known a loan deal where the parent club has to pay a substantial fee for them to return. it's a transfer...he's our player until city decide to pay twice (probably) what they sold him for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I get your point, but if we make a decent amount of money on the deal and it secures us PL football for another year, and at that point we can revision the DMC position? 

I kinda agree with you, but I feel for Deano to some extent cause he has so much work to do. 

I guess we could add that if this helps us play the attractive football we want to play then we might benefit of being seen as a good football club to join by future potential targets. maybe slightly far-fetched, but hey why not?! :D

Just now, sne said:

Take the Mariano Diaz deal for example.

Real sold him to Lyon for about £8m, he was a massive hit so when other clubs got interested they bought him back the following season for a set price of something like £23m (Real owned a % of him so it would have been a bit more otherwise)

They are now looking to sell him again...

Not sure about the details but Deulofeu had a similar thing going with Barcelona

It happens quite a lot, and it will happen an awful lot more now to get around the loan cap.

• Like 1

Also on the price for Phillips - if in another year, Leeds don't go up - it's hardly a certainty - he has one less year on his contract, and more desire to leave so his price is more likely to drop if anything. 

There's no guarantee Man City buy him back either - they operate at a level where if need be they will go and buy someone else for more immediate needs who then end up taking the place of say Luiz after all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Also on the price for Phillips - if in another year, Leeds don't go up - it's hardly a certainty - he has one less year on his contract, and more desire to leave so his price is more likely to drop if anything. 

He will probably sign a new contract, same as jack did. A big hope here that he insists on a clause but would we lead the chase?

Maybe Purslow is going to pull a fast one when they come to buy him back..

"£20m? Did you not see the additional '0' on the next page.... The price is £200m Pep"

:trollface:

• Haha 1

I'm optimistic about this deal.

He'll have to play incredibly well to get into City's team any time soon - and because it's not a loan there's no time limit on it.  Chances are City won't be in a rush to bring him back in - I actually think they'll buy a marquee replacement for Fernandinho pretty soon, but Pep liking Douglas means there's more chance he'll be allowed to stay with us to develop rather than them buying him back to make a profit on him.

It also means Leeds can GTF with their £30m valuation of Phillips and will have to now flog Roofe and a few others to meet FFP 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'm optimistic about this deal.

He'll have to play incredibly well to get into City's team any time soon - and because it's not a loan there's no time limit on it.  Chances are City won't be in a rush to bring him back in - I actually think they'll buy a marquee replacement for Fernandinho pretty soon, but Pep liking Douglas means there's more chance he'll be allowed to stay with us to develop rather than them buying him back to make a profit on him.

It also means Leeds can GTF with their £30m valuation of Phillips and will have to now flog Roofe and a few others to meet FFP 😆

They did buy a replacement for fernandinho, they just signed Rodri for 65m odd.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Funny enough the one way this will benefit us is if we go down. Then that fixed rate buy back will be bloody useful!

Bit concerning though as they had that with a full back that they sold to a Dutch club, they just activated the buy back this summer.

The concern is he does well he would be a 50m+ player, if we sign him for 25 and the buy back is....

..30?

Edited by MaVilla

Â