Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I think this is a clever agreement between the clubs for a work permit. City haven't been able to get a work permit for him, and have had to loan him abroad. If they sell him to us, we apply for a work permit with more guaranteed starts. Then they buy back for say 10m more, complete with work permit. We essentially get paid to have a loan for a year on a player we want, and they get their work permit. 

I think they'd still need to apply for another work permit if they bought him off us wouldn't they?  They'd still have trouble getting one unless they bought him off us for one of the highest fees they've ever paid, unless he plays a lot for Brazil in the meantime.

Their potential replacement for Fernandinho and we're in on him for £15mil in a form of prepped up "loan" deal? am I getting this right? if so then f*** yeah githimin!

2 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

It's a position we need. If its  glorified loan at least we are getting paid for it this time. Seems a win-win all around cause from what Pep has said about him and Sky Sports analysis of him, theres no way hes a 15m player. 

That's exactly it. He's clearly not a player that they want to get rid of permanently, so this deal will be on Man City's terms. Initial price and buy-back clause.

I would like to apologise to the twitter user yesterday who called this one unreservedly after I mocked him for it ... I’m a fool who knows nothing and fair play to the lad ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Feidhlim said:

That's an odd statement. If City are buying him back then chances are he's done brilliantly for us. If it gets this transfer over the line, then go with the buy back clause.

Just worried that we lose out on a lot of money for him whilst he improves to go back to City. 

I get the picture now. We are loaning him to help City get around the work permit issue. 

Edited by Villarocker

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Just worried that we lose out on a lot of money for him whilst he improves to go back to City. 

if it helps us get into another PL season after this one, then frankly my dear I don't give a damn. it's Citeh, the overlords of english football. they'll dominate for at least a couple of years more anyhow so I'm not to fuzzed about strengthening them after a season should that be the case.

I'm a bit confused by the work permit thing. How does a fellow English side now bidding for him get a work permit where man city can't? Does the playing for Girona prove he's a special talent or something?

From memory the way these ones usually go is that there is a set time, say 2 years within where City can buy him back for a set price, say £25m

So if he turns out a massive success and clubs come sniffing around the can pretty much buy him back for £25m and sell him  directly for 3 times that to Bayern or Juve. Or keep him obviously.

after this initial time passes thou the clause would probably not remain and they'd have to pay top dollar just like any other club.

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

From memory the way these ones usually go is that there is a set time, say 2 years within where City can buy him back for a set price, say £25m

So if he turns out a massive success and clubs come sniffing around the can pretty much buy him back for £25m and sell him  directly for 3 times to Bayern or Juve. Or keep him obviously.

after this initial time passes thou the clause would probably not remain and they'd have to pay top dollar just like any other club.

Isn't that the same kind of deal we did with Barca when we signed Traore?

• Thanks 1

Don't like this buy back clause one bit, its essentially a loan.

Unless he's shite, they will buy him anyway to turn a profit.

Thought we had moved away from this short term thinking.

• Like 2

Have we really just signed a future Brazilian international Defensive Midfielder to fill our vacant DM slot? Can't get much more astute than this you would think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Isn't that the same kind of deal we did with Barca when we signed Traore?

Don't remember but that sounds very plausible.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

the target this season is still survival, so getting a future Brazilian star DM (potentially) on our books if only for a year sounds very reasonable to me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wouldn't that depend on what the buy back clause is for City? These CL clubs are operating on another level of income. I wouldn't be surprised if the buy back clause was £ 30 million or more. In that case we would double our money? 

I am not a huge fan of being forced into a sale either, but we simply have too many holes to cover in this squad, so this is probably as good a deal as we can get without going on loans without a purchase option. 

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'm a bit confused by the work permit thing. How does a fellow English side now bidding for him get a work permit where man city can't? Does the playing for Girona prove he's a special talent or something?

If a player is signed within the top 15% (i think) of their record transfers then they get points towards getting a work permit.  Obviously City's record is a lot higher than ours.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Thanks 1

Â