Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It'll be tough to pick who to favour between our Argentine international and our Brazilian international in the final. What a time to be a Villa fan. 

the argies for me, easy

really want messi to get the international trophy that some stupidly demand to justify how good he is and again he's playing brilliant football on the way to the final so no doubt when someone misses 7 open goals in the final (that he created...) it'll be messi not actually being that good again 🙄

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

His challenge is to be better than Billy Gilmour is for Norwich.

He's got it in him.

I think he should be more ambitious and try to sustain his between-lockdowns performance over a whole season.  I thought he was our third best player after Jack and Emi until our covid outbreak.

• Like 3

Does he get to play in the final and if so how on earth is he going to get anything past Emi?

If he does and it goes to Penalties does Emi shithouse him?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Does he get to play in the final and if so how on earth is he going to get anything past Emi?

If he does and it goes to Penalties does Emi shithouse him?

Emiliano doesn't discriminate with his shithousery. If Doug's there he will get it just like the rest. 

Seriously though, Aston Villa have two players in the Copa America final, insane. 

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Emiliano doesn't discriminate with his shithousery. If Doug's there he will get it just like the rest. 

Seriously though, Aston Villa have two players in the Copa America final, insane. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sure he's having a great summer but both the Copa America and then the Olympics coming off a hectic season like the previous one he's going to be absolutely knackered and not have much of a rest or pre-season. Less than ideal from a Villa standpoint. Guy is young so that'll help but cant imagine he'll be 100% physically or form vise until at best after the new year.

We really do need another CM 

• Like 1

Easy choice for me: Argentina. Emi is actually playing. Dougie probably won't be. He played 62 minutes against Ecuador when Brazil had already clinched first place in their group and 1 minute against Peru in stoppage time. Unless someone gets hurt, we probably won't see him.

Plus I'd like to see Messi win some hardware with Argentina.

• Like 4

No minutes for him in the final then :(. When is the Brazilian manager going to wake up to the fact that you currently have to include a Villa player to win anything in international football? 

• Haha 2

On 11/07/2021 at 05:50, Sulberto21 said:

Kin hell at this rate he'll be getting his first rest in the summer of '25. 

Actually only just realised he was going. Hmm. Good luck to him - would love a Villa Olympic gold medalist! Think we will cope with easing him back in but he’ll definitely need easing back in over the first few games… hope our fans are patient. Looking at Olympic squads I think some bigger misses (ie harder for their teams to cover) will be Burnley with Chris Wood, Brighton with Alexis Mac Allister, etc. Would be worried if I was a Burnley fan… and did Richarlison play throughout the Copa and is now going to the Olympics? That’s even worse than Dougie who wasn’t playing many games…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â