Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dougie should be made to watch Kante videos over and over again, thats what he should be aiming for.

You can't just be Kante, phil 😂 - there are so few people on this planet that have that natural level of athleticism, let alone his footballing brain. If players of normal levels of athleticism try to play like him, they'll be blowing after 45 minutes. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You can't just be Kante, phil 😂 - there are so few people on this planet that have that natural level of athleticism, let alone his footballing brain. If players of normal levels of athleticism try to play like him, they'll be blowing after 45 minutes. 

Agree but why not aim for the best. Before Christmas we clicked, we can do it again, he can do it again, he has real potential but can he step up to our next level or do we bring in a ready made alternative. It's going to be exciting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Me too, to be fair he has tried it a number of times since but never managed to do it again. 

I know it’s not relevant or comparable but you just reminded me of Bacuna and his free kicks….how the hell did he suddenly lose that ability?

Gives me shivers just thinking back to the shite players we used to have then…

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yeah but his side just got knocked out by the Swiss…

white teeth troll GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree but why not aim for the best. Before Christmas we clicked, we can do it again, he can do it again, he has real potential but can he step up to our next level or do we bring in a ready made alternative. It's going to be exciting. 

Because if you try to play like him you'll be using your energy up far too quickly - the guy has freakish levels of running in him. It's like telling Davies or Wesley to just be like Watkins - it's counterproductive.

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

Because if you try to play like him you'll be using your energy up far too quickly - the guy has freakish levels of running in him. It's like telling Davies or Wesley to just be like Watkins - it's counterproductive.

That's because Davis and Wesley have different playstyles to Watkins, it wouldn't work because you're trying to have them play against their strengths. I don't think Luiz would go wrong in trying to emulate Kante's playing style.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 02:44, RJA1703 said:

People have been falling over themselves this Euros talking about Renato Sanchez. To me, he looks like a carbon copy of our Dougie. 

Are you kidding?! Sanches has displayed pace and power, with the ability to win the ball in central midfield and carry it or find a pass. Not to mention what looks like a blistering shot on him. Obviously they play slightly different roles, as Luiz has operated for us as DCM and Sanches is very definitely a CM. So maybe an unfair comparison. If Jose wants to put £30m in our hand to take Luiz to Roma, I have to say I wouldn’t be too down hearted, especially  if he’s not extending his contract, in which case we should look to sell. 

• Confused 1

He’s got to play more as a CM for me. I think we have seen enough now to know he is not going to be a great DM but I think his carrying, passing and shooting could make him a good CM option. Let’s see another DM through the door and push Dougie further up the field please! 

I don't think he's got the engine to be a box-to-box. I like him sitting deep, collecting the ball off the CB's and positioning himself in passing lanes when we don't have the ball. I think we need our #8's to be able to run with the ball like McGinn. Sanson satisfies that criteria, and he's got a good engine on him to boot. 

Hoping Dougie recaptures that post-lockdown form. In that kind of form he's up there with the best DM's in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

any news ona  new contract?!!?!?

2 years left, if he isnt going to sign one we need to get rid!

Hopefully he signs a new one tho.....

Probably won't sign until the new season. He's not back in England until a week before the first game if Brazil go all the way in the Olympics. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't think he's got the engine to be a box-to-box. I like him sitting deep, collecting the ball off the CB's and positioning himself in passing lanes when we don't have the ball. I think we need our #8's to be able to run with the ball like McGinn. Sanson satisfies that criteria, and he's got a good engine on him to boot. 

Hoping Dougie recaptures that post-lockdown form. In that kind of form he's up there with the best DM's in the league.

I think he is more of a number 10

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It'll be tough to pick who to favour between our Argentine international and our Brazilian international in the final. What a time to be a Villa fan. 

Eh, I don’t like Neymar. Sorry Dougie.

I have a feeling that he may be off. We can’t just keep buying players without cashing in now and then. He hasn’t signed a new deal and he is relatively valuable whilst also being replaceable. If the rumours are true that we are also after a dcm then it is even more likely that Doug will move on.

Â