Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Foden and Mount aren't playing as DCMs though. Dougie's position is much more tactically demanding.

As for the MOTM thing - you can only vote for 1 MOTM. That doesn't mean the other 10 players haven't played well. It's hard for Dougie to shine, especially as most fans don't appreciate all the work a DCM does off the ball. The accolades will always go to the people doing the flashy stuff - goals, assists, saves, slide tackles.

That's fine if you're not interested in his future. IMO he is already justifying a starting place at Aston Villa every week, and is only going to improve. I think he's one of the best players in the team, and one of the best under-23 players in the world.

I Agree with mitigation claims......I am interested in his future, because I want to see what you see.....but i just don't right now.

but I hope you are right and not me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

he probably doesn’t get MoTM votes because **** Jack Grealish plays for us 😂

so how has Konsa, who is also 22/23 got over 20 votes ...5 times this season?

Now that does mirror what folk think.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I Agree with mitigation claims......I am interested in his future, because I want to see what you see.....but i just don't right now.

but I hope you are right and not me.

Fair enough. It’s all about opinions. I love the Guy, one of my favourite players and I think we are very lucky to have him. I guess we all see the game differently. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right lads let’s all vote Dougie motm every game from now on to show TRO how good we all think he is. 

Thats the spirit.

At least it will match what you claim.

I'll be watching.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. It’s all about opinions. I love the Guy, one of my favourite players and I think we are very lucky to have him. I guess we all see the game differently. 

I thought Nakamba was the better of the 2 tonight.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just because I rate him highly it doesn’t mean I have to think he was the the best player on the pitch every game.  In fact I’d prefer him to be a constant 8/10.

I don't think he is a bad player, far from it.......do I think there is a danger of losing him to Man City...No

Do I want to see him as you do, of course i do, but sadly,I don't, not right now, anyway.

I accept its a tough role to play.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just because I rate him highly it doesn’t mean I have to think he was the the best player on the pitch every game.  In fact I’d prefer him to be a constant 8/10.

This is the correct answer.

He’s been great some games, but in those games there was always someone better, so I’ve never voted him MOTM.

Tonight he was poor compared to his usual standard.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was tonight but I still think Luiz is a much better player. 

Would you like to see Luiz dropped for Nakamba for the next game?

No....because I think there is more future in Dougie than Marvellous.

but I am still anxious to see him more involved in the close contact, like Nakamba....Dougie is a better footballer than Marvellous, but its the contact side, I don't see....he is too easy to by pass IMO.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

He’s been great some games, but in those games there was always someone better, so I’ve never voted him MOTM.

I think that’s a key point. He wasn’t that bad in general but we’ve come to expect a lot better. 

Just now, ender4 said:

In highlighting it, i am not trying to turn it in to a witch hunt.....When he is good, he is good......I have seen a few perfomances lately ,like tonight.

I am just not sure he is as good as some think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think people forget that he is usually the youngest player in the starting lineup.

He's 22. The only player younger than him who featured for us today was Jacob Ramsey.

He plays the most tactically demanding role, 90 mins week in, week out, and he gives a good account of himself most games, for a team that's challenging for a top 6 spot.

It's amazing really what he's doing here. Very unusual for someone his age to be putting in these kinds of performances on a regular basis. I think he'll go to the very top.

Bloody hell I didn't realise he was only 22. Very easy to forget

The last 10 games last season he reached another level. Was consistently the best player on the pitch during that run for us bar maybe Man Utd at VP. Totally outshone Jack too. Dont think he’s reached those heights again since during this season but to know he can and probably will in the coming months bodes well for us.

For me he's like Petrov in the DM role (in terms of importance)

When he plays you don't really notice him, he plays well, breaks up play and keeps things ticking over. It's what a good DM should do.

Take Luiz out of the side and people will really notice him not being there.

DM is sometimes a role that is overlooked; the defence take the glory for the clean sheets and the strikers, wingers and attacking midfielders take the glory for the goals.

He's absolutely brilliant though and a vital part of this team.

• Like 2

Â