Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s deleted the Tweet? Confirming his source was Deans son was probably not the most sensible thing to do. 

He deleted it because he got a ton of abuse as is the case with a lot of things on Twitter in 2019. There are only so many death threats you can get for being the messenger before you just shut up shop. Unfortunately this guy seems like he was legit so that's a shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’s deleted the Tweet? Confirming his source was Deans son was probably not the most sensible thing to do. 

By all accounts, he's just a boy!

But he looks to have broken more transfer stories that all the local journos put together over the last 10 years

• Haha 2

I think this is a clever agreement between the clubs for a work permit. City haven't been able to get a work permit for him, and have had to loan him abroad. If they sell him to us, we apply for a work permit with more guaranteed starts. Then they buy back for say 10m more, complete with work permit. We essentially get paid to have a loan for a year on a player we want, and they get their work permit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Would people accept this deal if the buy-back was only £5m more than the purchase price?

If it means that we're getting a Man City level player, I think I'd still take it. As others have said, it could essentially be a glorified loan.

If we get £5m and a player good enough for a season that they want to buy him back, I'm fine with it. It's much better than paying to develop another clubs player.  

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

After the kicking he got yesterday he quite possibly has got the biggest bollocks in the world.

Yeah, but it's a kicking for a day and then immortality!

Now where's my Buster Gonad gif collection?

I'm hoping the buy-back clause is only that they get first refusal on him and there's no pre-arranged fee. I'd hate for him to be brilliant for us and then go back to City for £25m when we could have got £50m for him elsewhere. 

Also, his YouTube footage shows him more as a box-to-box player. He is taking shots and setting up attacks etc and not sat in front of the back four. Scarily, he looks more a McGinn type of player. Phillips would obviously cost more than £15m so if that Connor lad is right and we're going for both, where does that leave this Luiz lad? He's too good for the bench. 

I hope we are not looking at letting McGinn go to Manure!

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Would people accept this deal if the buy-back was only £5m more than the purchase price?

If it means that we're getting a Man City level player, I think I'd still take it. As others have said, it could essentially be a glorified loan.

100% would. He might not be a Man City level player yet, but would take a 'glorified loan' of a talented player any day, especially considering the state of squad we've had to build from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'd hate for him to be brilliant for us

That's an odd statement. If City are buying him back then chances are he's done brilliantly for us. If it gets this transfer over the line, then go with the buy back clause.

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He deleted it because he got a ton of abuse as is the case with a lot of things on Twitter in 2019. There are only so many death threats you can get for being the messenger before you just shut up shop. Unfortunately this guy seems like he was legit so that's a shame.

Can't see him caring too much about that as he was genuine so knows he'd have been proven right. Person you quoted was right, he's probably been advised not to leak stuff!

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

100% would. He might not be a Man City level player yet, but would take a 'glorified loan' of a talented player any day, especially considering the state of squad we've had to build from.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If we get £5m and a player good enough for a season that they want to buy him back, I'm fine with it. It's much better than paying to develop another clubs player.  

I agree.

I think the talk of us inserting a £25m-£30m (or more) buy-back clause are probably wide of the mark.

Make no mistakes, if we get this guy on a permanent for £15m then we are 100% doing Man City a favour, so I can't imagine they'll accept a buy-back where they have to pay an extra £10-20m.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it could be a £15m purchase with a £20m buy-back. £5m is supposedly nothing nowadays, so it would just be a sweetener for us and pocket change for Man City to get their man back.

It's a position we need. If its  glorified loan at least we are getting paid for it this time. Seems a win-win all around cause from what Pep has said about him and Sky Sports analysis of him, theres no way hes a 15m player. 

• Like 1

Guardiola sounds like he was quite annoyed last year he couldn't join City and play for them.

"He’s not allowed [to play for us]," Guardiola said in August 2018, via the Guardian. "It’s so difficult for me to understand. One guy who doesn’t see the player or any training sessions every day has to judge if Douglas has the ability and quality to play. 

"I accept the rules but I don’t understand because anybody in the world can work wherever he wants. I am so sad and disappointed for Douglas because he could help us, play with us. He has shown many good things in training sessions and the reason why we spent a lot of money to buy him is because he is a player with a huge capacity to play for us."

We're probably doing them a favour more than anything. They'll end up buying him back before the start of the season once we've got the work permit 😂

• Haha 1

Â