Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Is this actually going to happen? Hourihane's contract must have been done a few days ago, maybe it was only announced today to take our minds of the idea that this is meant to be happening.

As previously stated, there are the opportunities in the future (with regards to the BBW, I mean, erm BBC) that we can just buy it out if he's a success. I really don't see what the worry is...

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Is this actually going to happen? Hourihane's contract must have been done a few days ago, maybe it was only announced today to take our minds of the idea that this is meant to be happening.

I am genuinly in a mode where I completely trust the club atm. I was worried they would be slow with recruitment in terms of the pre-season. They proved me wrong. 

I was worried we had a list of players and if we got quoted stupid prices or we lost out for some reason we wouldn't have a plan B. They had. 

I am relaxed about it. Even if this deal falls through I think they have 2-3 other players they will move on to. 

I just want matches now. Bored. 

The sceptic in me ( from 25 years being a villa fan ) is that someone else will get in and nudge us out of the way with this one. I mean...he looks so good on the ball, great balance, good strength. Historically, at least in my lifetime, we don't get players like this. However, the running of the club is nothing like we've ever experienced before. We have owners who aren't just flapping their gums. Serious ambition. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am genuinly in a mode where I completely trust the club atm. I was worried they would be slow with recruitment in terms of the pre-season. They proved me wrong. 

I was worried we had a list of players and if we got quoted stupid prices or we lost out for some reason we wouldn't have a plan B. They had. 

I am relaxed about it. Even if this deal falls through I think they have 2-3 other players they will move on to. 

I just want matches now. Bored. 

In other words you didn't trust anything of what our owners, ceo and manager have been saying the past 6 months? 

I read a stat on twitter yesterday that stated that of all the players in Europe that have attempted 25 or more dribbles (with the ball) in the last two seasons, no one has a better average success rate than Douglas Luiz.

6 minutes ago, Skruff said:

In other words you didn't trust anything of what our owners, ceo and manager have been saying the past 6 months? 

Itsotp

36 minutes ago, useless said:

To me it's pretty obvious it's going to happen, and it's also pretty obvious that the work permit is a delicate situation, probably similar to Wesley's work permit. These things take a little bit of time. It's very unusual for a club to announce they've agreed a fee for a player before the work permit situation is figured out.  I'm not quite sure why we did it with Wesley, I guess it was a request from their end more than ours. 

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The sceptic in me ( from 25 years being a villa fan ) is that someone else will get in and nudge us out of the way with this one. I mean...he looks so good on the ball, great balance, good strength. Historically, at least in my lifetime, we don't get players like this. However, the running of the club is nothing like we've ever experienced before. We have owners who aren't just flapping their gums. Serious ambition. 

We play a style of football that will be attractive to Man City in terms of his development. As utterly brilliantly mad as that sounds. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We play a style of football that will be attractive to Man City in terms of his development. As utterly brilliantly mad as that sounds. 

Not mad at all. We're now managed by The Great Barr Guardiola.

• Like 2

Â