Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 24/10/2020 at 11:19, villa89 said:

He's doing so well city would be mad not to buy him back next summer for whatever the agreed price was. 

Just seen Fernandinho is out for another six weeks so they certainly need some sort of long term replacement for him.

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen Fernandinho is out for another six weeks so they certainly need some sort of long term replacement for him.

I thought this was Rodri??

£60m purchase for a DCM and he is only a couple of years older than DL.

I don't watch Citeh enough to know whether he is doing well or not for them?

On 26/10/2020 at 00:22, TRO said:

I didn't think he was up to his usual best against Leeds, but there you go......who was?

Neither did I.  He has been outstanding in that defensive midfield role though and Barkley is meant to be the box to box midfield player. In some games we may need to play two holding midfield players though, or Barkley and Mcginn have to be more disciplined. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Neither did I.  He has been outstanding in that defensive midfield role though and Barkley is meant to be the box to box midfield player. In some games we may need to play two holding midfield players though, or Barkley and Mcginn have to be more disciplined. 

I agree.

Personally ,Paul.....i think we are short of these type of players at the club.

Barkley and McGinn are not holding midfielders in my book.

we are short of dedicated defensive midfielders.

I think since lockdown Doug has done a sterling job in that role, but i still don't think he is a dedicated defensive midfielder, i think he just been deployed there and at 22 he has done really well......second half against Leeds, he was not at his best imo.

I think we need to sign  class CDM in the next window or the summer.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.

Personally ,Paul.....i think we are short of these type of players at the club.

Barkley and McGinn are not holding midfielders in my book.

we are short of dedicated defensive midfielders.

I think since lockdown Doug has done a sterling job in that role, but i still don't think he is a dedicated defensive midfielder, i think he just been deployed there and at 22 he has done really well......second half against Leeds, he was not at his best imo.

I think we need to sign  class CDM in the next window or the summer.

He's a bit lightweight for that role to be honest

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'd still prefer a more physical dominant dmf like Ndidi and move Dougie into the box to box role.

I think there's scope for having that sort of player and still leaving Luiz where he is - that would allow us to have a number ten with a lot of freedom to play.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's a bit lightweight for that role to be honest

I didn't want to be the one to say that.

I think overall, he is a good player, and at 22 a really bright future.....but I think he needs a casemiro along side him like at international level, if he is to play that role.....now ,I know that is a big ask, but a player like him, would suffice.

13 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I thought this was Rodri??

£60m purchase for a DCM and he is only a couple of years older than DL.

I don't watch Citeh enough to know whether he is doing well or not for them?

He's been pretty average from what I've seen even though he came with a very good reputation from Atletico Madrid. Wouldn't shock me if he takes over from Fernandinho in being makeshift CB if they get a few injuries as he's pretty tall.

Think it hinges on what happens with Gundogan as he's still a favourite of Pep so can't see them signing another DM while he's still there.

Edited by VillaChris

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there's scope for having that sort of player and still leaving Luiz where he is - that would allow us to have a number ten with a lot of freedom to play.

According to half of VT the only player in world football who could fulfil that role is Philip Billing (and the funny thing is he's not even a DM) so I'd pass on that for the moment and just bring in Nakamba for the odd start.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

According to half of VT the only player in world football who could fulfil that role is Philip Billing (and the funny thing is he's not even a DM) so I'd pass on that for the moment and just bring in Nakamba for the odd start.

He can barely get a start for Bournemouth this season 😂

• Like 1

Â