Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Thought he lacked energy against Leicester, which is understandable. No idea why he didn't drop deeper between Mings and Konsa when they were trying to pass the ball around. I can only imagine it's by design as Smith never changed it but the distribution from the back suffered. 

The key man v Leeds.

They put forward so many players he'll need eyes in the back of his head but it's important he's supported by others defending.

We know he has remarkable composure, his technique and distribution will be put right under the microscope with the amount he'll be getting pressed in dangerous areas.

Doug has a really good game and we'll see 'em off by two goals.

• Like 2

On 19/10/2020 at 15:50, birdman said:

Had high hopes for his outside of the box shooting ability but hasn't had much luck with that. Not that it matters as we now have Barkley but would be great if he could bang a few in this season. 

I’ve noticed he doesn’t take too many on these days. Barkley and McGinn can do that anyway! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve noticed he doesn’t take too many on these days. Barkley and McGinn can do that anyway! 

He doesn’t take any risks anymore either. Just keeps it simple. Many that wrote him off seemed to forget his just a kid still very much learning the game.  Real talent that city will buy back unfortunately. 

Is this the final year of the clause? If it is it wouldn’t suprise me if they signed him in Jan but loaned him back to us until the end of the season. 

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He doesn’t take any risks anymore either. Just keeps it simple. Many that wrote him off seemed to forget his just a kid still very much learning the game.  Real talent that city will buy back unfortunately. 

Is this the final year of the clause? If it is it wouldn’t suprise me if they signed him in Jan but loaned him back to us until the end of the season. 

Doesn't make sense. Then they assume the risk if anything happens (injury, loss of form......) between then and the end of the window. Price doesn't change between the January window and summer so why not spend all season evaluating then pull the trigger in the summer. 

Even if he does go, as the most obvious departure, Lange and company should have a number of replacement options in mind. 

If current form continues the one that scares me the most would be a club coming in for Konsa or Martinez. Or some other player we didn't plan on leaving. Then we are scrambling and that's a terrible place to be. 

21 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Doesn't make sense. Then they assume the risk if anything happens (injury, loss of form......) between then and the end of the window. Price doesn't change between the January window and summer so why not spend all season evaluating then pull the trigger in the summer. 

Even if he does go, as the most obvious departure, Lange and company should have a number of replacement options in mind. 

If current form continues the one that scares me the most would be a club coming in for Konsa or Martinez. Or some other player we didn't plan on leaving. Then we are scrambling and that's a terrible place to be. 

We'll just sign Philips after Leeds have been relegated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Tim hat on... I thought with the new rules it was going to be a hand ball pen

He knew absolutely nothing about it, I was a yard away from him but his arm was up and it hit it 

I was ready to turn the game off in disgust 

Would've been given in the first 2 games (think back to those Spurs pens) but they've sensibly relaxed the intepretation since then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tim hat on... I thought with the new rules it was going to be a hand ball pen

He knew absolutely nothing about it, I was a yard away from him but his arm was up and it hit it 

I was ready to turn the game off in disgust 

Which player are you again? 

• Like 1

Dougie was far from poor. First half he nicked the ball off a Leeds player just as we was about to shoot from the edge of the box. He also made two great tackles on one quick counter that they had where they were something like 4 v 2 on us. 

• Like 1

Â