Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Suddenly, he looks important to Brazil’s cause as they set out on the road to Qatar in the quest to win their first World Cup in twenty years.

Shit, I'm getting old.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching it now on bet365. Doug hit lovely crossfield ball to Richarlison but Firmino missed a good chance.

Brazil are 1 down so will be a pretty good watch as Peru are pretty good on counter attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking who the hell wrote that S*n article as it was pretty well thought out for that publication and within third paragraph it was "yep that's Tim Vickery's work." Great football writer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

Another 90 minutes last night. I didn't think I'd be complaining about Brazil over-using one of our players but here we are. A strange year. 

At least he is getting match fitness

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

At least he is getting match fitness

I suppose that's one way of putting it yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BOF said:

I suppose that's one way of putting it yes.

At this stage of the season I'd say he's young enough to be benefiting from playing extra games. Won't be the case long term so hopefully we get a chance to rest him at times this season. 

It's a blessing in disguise that Grealish isn't liked by Southgate, as he's going to need protecting this season more so than Dougie.

Love that we have this problem compared with the issues of yesteryear.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

How did Doug do against Peru......did he have a good game?

He did OK. Worst Brazil players on the pitch imo were Marquinhos and Caio , who both got done for Peru goals. Coutinho and Firmino were also disappointing.

A couple of times I thought he could have done better tracking a midfield runner but he spent most of the game covering for the LB who was pushed up like a winger and didn't seem to have much interest in getting back so maybe a little harsh. Gave away a lot of soft fouls too, although that's not limited to him as I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many freekicks.

Early on he played a good pass over the top to Richarlison who headed it down to Firmino a few yards out which probably should have resulted in a goal.

Watching that Brazil team I think he'll become an important player. They have so many players that always want to dribble with the ball and often lose it that it's important they have one more passer sitting deep with Casemiro.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He did OK. Worst Brazil players on the pitch imo were Marquinhos and Caio , who both got done for Peru goals. Coutinho and Firmino were also disappointing.

A couple of times I thought he could have done better tracking a midfield runner but he spent most of the game covering for the LB who was pushed up like a winger and didn't seem to have much interest in getting back so maybe a little harsh. Gave away a lot of soft fouls too, although that's not limited to him as I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many freekicks.

Early on he played a good pass over the top to Richarlison who headed it down to Firmino a few yards out which probably should have resulted in a goal.

Watching that Brazil team I think he'll become an important player. They have so many players that always want to dribble with the ball and often lose it that it's important they have one more passer sitting deep with Casemiro.

Thank you Sam our resident South American corespondent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRO said:

How did Doug do against Peru......did he have a good game?

The odd misplaced pass early on but he played very well afterwards.

Looks like he's going to be first choice in Brazil midfield now, playing more of the box to box role he did when he first came here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

The odd misplaced pass early on but he played very well afterwards.

Looks like he's going to be first choice in Brazil midfield now, playing more of the box to box role he did when he first came here.

Another reason I was probably being a bit harsh about his tracking back as with us he's playing in a very disciplined way to protect our defence but was pushing on a lot for Brazil.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He did OK. Worst Brazil players on the pitch imo were Marquinhos and Caio , who both got done for Peru goals. Coutinho and Firmino were also disappointing.

A couple of times I thought he could have done better tracking a midfield runner but he spent most of the game covering for the LB who was pushed up like a winger and didn't seem to have much interest in getting back so maybe a little harsh. Gave away a lot of soft fouls too, although that's not limited to him as I don't think I've ever seen a game with so many freekicks.

Early on he played a good pass over the top to Richarlison who headed it down to Firmino a few yards out which probably should have resulted in a goal.

Watching that Brazil team I think he'll become an important player. They have so many players that always want to dribble with the ball and often lose it that it's important they have one more passer sitting deep with Casemiro.

Tbf that is his role in that team. Lodi is supposed to play as a winger so Neymar can drift like Jack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â