Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I believe playing regularly in La Liga only gives one point towards the work permit.  He really needs 5 points which will mainly be made up for us by his transfer fee and wages being close to our all time records, both of which will be nowhere near City's.  City's main hope is for him to play over a third of Brazil's matches if they want to buy him back from us.

Just had a quick look at the criteria, he will get the points from a mix of a and b categories as it needs to be top 30 player cost transfers and wages for max points which he clearly isnt. But again, I dont see how man city could buy him back unless they paid 60 million plus for him unless he plays for Brasil in 30% of their competitive matches. He gains points because man city got the the champs league semi finals, cant see him getting those points through us for a while 🤣

7 hours ago, YLN said:

What about if when we sell him back to Man City we include a buy back clause, and then just buy him back again and so on

its just that........their claws are bigger than our claws.

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Just had a quick look at the criteria, he will get the points from a mix of a and b categories as it needs to be top 30 player cost transfers and wages for max points which he clearly isnt. But again, I dont see how man city could buy him back unless they paid 60 million plus for him unless he plays for Brasil in 30% of their competitive matches. He gains points because man city got the the champs league semi finals, cant see him getting those points through us for a while 🤣

So their best bet is Brazilian internationals which he won’t achieve unless he really performances well for us next season. It’s not like Brazil are ever short of top midfielders.

Even then it will probably be the year after he  would have played enough games to meet the criteria. 

Reckon we got him for the next 2 years at least.

But as I’ve already said. Let’s sign him first!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And there ain't no sanity clause. 

who cares.....I just wait for Santa Clause.

maybe he is is the only Clause we have right now😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? 

Aka work permit?

Factually its incorrect as in immigration law work permit refers to what was in force before the introduction of the point based system. Tier 1, 2 and 5 replaced the work permit route.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So their best bet is Brazilian internationals which he won’t achieve unless he really performances well for us next season. It’s not like Brazil are ever short of top midfielders.

Even then it will probably be the year after he  would have played enough games to meet the criteria. 

Reckon we got him for the next 2 years at least.

But as I’ve already said. Let’s sign him first!!

By the looks of it yes, and the stupid rate of transfers it would be a stupid amount buy back, if there was such a clause.

As long as he is ours that's all that matters, oh and that he is as good as being touted.

Big fat Ron, that was the last ball playing team we had, Brian littles team was good but it wasn't bfr good ball playing wise.

Fingers crossed tomoz its confirmed 🤞

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe I haven't been clear. My point is he's not increasing in value playing for their sister club and hes not getting the experience or exposure the premier League gives players .

We need to use the premier League to showcase our own talent and add value . Taking loan players or low buy back clauses on players is much the same thing, we are showcasing other teams players at the expense of our own talent .  

This assumes we have our own talent already (we don't) or can afford 30m on an unproven prospective talent to call our own (seems we may not if we're after an expensive winger/goalkeeper). This tells me they're prioritising other positions and don't believe we're going to get a better CDM option in this cost range

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

This assumes we have our own talent already (we don't) or can afford 30m on an unproven prospective talent to call our own (seems we may not if we're after an expensive winger/goalkeeper). This tells me they're prioritising other positions and don't believe we're going to get a better CDM option in this cost range

I agree it's not am easy choice and it's very tempting to see this as an ideal opportunity to get a player who's beyond our reach. It's the long term affect I'm looking at and in 2 years time when we're losing our best player for £15m (£30m taking away the initial fee we paid for him) it will disrupt the squad and could start another exodus of players like the Barry sale did with Milner , Young and that Representative for Wellingborough Downing . 

On not having our own talent .....£15m could buy a young talented player who could grow into something special , McGinn or Grealish type prospect.

It would  not be devastating to have him  from a footballing point of view but from a long term  business point of view, on asset growth it raises questions and that's where the future of the club is. Look at Bournemouth with Ming's UTV  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree it's not am easy choice and it's very tempting to see this as an ideal opportunity to get a player who's beyond our reach. It's the long term affect I'm looking at and in 2 years time when we're losing our best player for £15m (£30m taking away the initial fee we paid for him) it will disrupt the squad and could start another exodus of players like the Barry sale did with Milner , Young and that Representative for Wellingborough Downing . 

On not having our own talent .....£15m could buy a young talented player who could grow into something special , McGinn or Grealish type prospect.

It would  not be devastating to have him  from a footballing point of view but from a long term  business point of view, on asset growth it raises questions and that's where the future of the club is. Look at Bournemouth with Ming's UTV  

Like we have done with the other 6/7 signings you mean? 

It looks like we’ve gone in for this deal as he is a special prospect. It’s not the norm. If we get a couple of good seasons from him then we will be in a much stronger position to attract higher standard players, and the squad won’t need 10 players at that point to just stand still. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Big fat Ron, that was the last ball playing team we had, Brian littles team was good but it wasn't bfr good ball playing wise.

I thought that Little's team played better football in terms of organisation than Ron's, the passing and movement was generally better. Ron's team had more flair and was more capable of the spectacular.

• Like 1

Here he is against Barca

It looks like we might have the most fouled midfield next season. Despite not being huge, he looks strong. Looks composed and makes good decisions. Also, he has Douglas Luiz on his shirt FYI. 

This signing will be great news for Wesley as no doubt Brazil will be watching DL so hopefully Wesley can catch their eye if he performs for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Another thing to consider is how long will Pep hang around for at City? He did four years at Barca and resigned, he did three years at Bayern and resigned, he’s currently three years into his stint at Manchester City with two years left on his contract. Will he see both of those years out? Will Douglas have done enough to impress in that time? Will the fact that Villa will win the Premier League in 2021 make all involved realise that he’s better off at B6 anyway?

Never argue with a man of the cloth. 

• Haha 1

Â