Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Man City rate him highly and are only selling him to us to get around the work permit issue. The buyback will likely be for 15m, they will come back and collect him when they feel he’s ready to play for them. 

I would have thought the buy back option would be when we decide to sell otherwise it's pointless as we could ( we wont) be top come new year and hes playing out of this world. Man city could just buy him back off us to spoil our season.

And that's if there's a buy back which isnt confirmed 

26 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Man City rate him highly and are only selling him to us to get around the work permit issue. The buyback will likely be for 15m, they will come back and collect him when they feel he’s ready to play for them. 

Yeah I think around 20.  People mention the risk is on Villa and he might be rubbish or get injured. The way City rate this guy, there is no risk at 15 mill for Villa. Realistically it probably is a 50-60mill player and its cities way to get him a work permit. 

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I would have thought the buy back option would be when we decide to sell otherwise it's pointless as we could ( we wont) be top come new year and hes playing out of this world. Man city could just buy him back off us to spoil our season.

Would be amazed if there wasn't, look at Guardiola's comments about him.

It's very standard in europe, pretty sure Barcelona have a buy back clause on pretty much every young player they sell. Dosen't mean they'll always re-sign the player as depends on what squad or manager is in place and what they want. Think Barca had a buy back on Adama.

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i was hoping this would be announced tonight :(

Unless the whole paperwork process for a work permit was started days ago, it could be a little while yet. If Football Manager has taught me anything, it's that work permits can take up to a week or two. Unless it's the final day of the transfer window for whatever reason :lol:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 3

The devils in the detail, but let's not pretend we wouldn't be inflating cities asset here. Without him going on loan to someone he's worthless to them. Buy back clause has to be very  high or related to his future value. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would be amazed if there wasn't, look at Guardiola's comments about him.

It's very standard in europe, pretty sure Barcelona have a buy back clause on pretty much every young player they sell. Dosen't mean they'll always re-sign the player as depends on what squad or manager is in place and what they want. Think Barca had a buy back on Adama.

I think they did but 90% of Spanish players have release clauses for transfers.

The work permit I thought was now ok because he has played in another European team for 2 years ? How does us buying him help them get round the work permit if we can already ? 

I'm sure man city especially with the new loan rules would just buy whoever's  the best player rather than keep hoping the younger players they bought will step up ?

All theoretical until it's all confirmed though obviously 

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

The devils in the detail, but let's not pretend we wouldn't be inflating cities asset here. Without him going on loan to someone he's worthless to them. Buy back clause has to be very  high or related to his future value. 

He's been loaned out to City "sister" club that they half own. They're not making money on him going on loan unless they paying themselves their own money

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I think they did but 90% of Spanish players have release clauses for transfers.

The work permit I thought was now ok because he has played in another European team for 2 years ? How does us buying him help them get round the work permit if we can already ? 

I'm sure man city especially with the new loan rules would just buy whoever's  the best player rather than keep hoping the younger players they bought will step up ?

All theoretical until it's all confirmed though obviously 

We get extra work permit points because size of transfer and wages relative to our club. 15 million in our top 10% of transfer deals worth points where that doesn't work for City

34 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Agreed, we’re all just speculating. 

Like any deal something will have been agreed that works for both parties. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We get extra work permit points because size of transfer and wages relative to our club. 15 million in our top 10% of transfer deals worth points where that doesn't work for City

Yep I understand that but I thought we could get him because he has played in a first team in Europe for 2 years. Man city are in England, I thought that rule was for buying from a different country ?

I think it’s good we are doing this kind of business with City. No harm in having a good working relationship with such a club.

Whether we like it not they are the richest club in the world and probably the best at the moment in terms of footballing ability too. They should have won the quadruple really.  

Edit: In a few years we can think about challenging them! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

A bit cautious about this one. I doubt he wants to be here and we are just playing the role of one of City’s many feeder clubs. As others have said, this looks like a glorified loan but if City want him back it means he’s done well. Hardly building for the future though is it...

As Tammy and Tyrone have proved.....players with the right mentality will see this as an opportunity to shine, like they did.

If Douglas has the right mentality, we have nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Yep I understand that but I thought we could get him because he has played in a first team in Europe for 2 years. Man city are in England, I thought that rule was for buying from a different country ?

I believe playing regularly in La Liga only gives one point towards the work permit.  He really needs 5 points which will mainly be made up for us by his transfer fee and wages being close to our all time records, both of which will be nowhere near City's.  City's main hope is for him to play over a third of Brazil's matches if they want to buy him back from us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I believe playing regularly in La Liga only gives one point towards the work permit.  He really needs 5 points which will mainly be made up for us by his transfer fee and wages being close to our all time records, both of which will be nowhere near City's.  City's main hope is for him to play over a third of Brazil's matches if they want to buy him back from us.

Or buy him back with a sizeable fee and as part of that purchase increase his wages vastly to mean he gets points for being a) a large purchase and b) a high earner for man city?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's been loaned out to City "sister" club that they half own. They're not making money on him going on loan unless they paying themselves their own money

Maybe I haven't been clear. My point is he's not increasing in value playing for their sister club and hes not getting the experience or exposure the premier League gives players .

We need to use the premier League to showcase our own talent and add value . Taking loan players or low buy back clauses on players is much the same thing, we are showcasing other teams players at the expense of our own talent .  

Â