Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

yes the buy back might be say £25ml I would have thought, though I hope that has an expiry on it, like only valid for next summer but we'll see, if he does get bought back we'll have had a player playing well for us

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my first thought on the buy back is city doing something clever along the lines of buying him from us to sell to someone else and they get the profit not us

By all accounts Pep rates him so they might actually just buy him back and keep him if he does well with us. Either way it’s good business for both clubs. 

• Like 1

Think it massively depends on how much the buyback is. I think we need to start thinking differently about our transfers now. With our focus on being young players with potential, any that start living up to that potential are likely to be bought off us at a significant profit. We can then reinvest that money sensibly. It’s a far cry from what we’ve been used to over the years but a much more sensible way of running the club.

Barca and Real often have these kind of clauses when they sell their younger players, City are run by ex Barca people so makes sense.

Just have to hope the markup is a big enough sum.

Can't really complain if this gets us a good player we otherwise would not have been able to get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I called BS on this yesterday but it seems there is something in it! 

That Connor guy on Twitter a genuine ITK?

I hope he's blocked you and everyone else who doubted him! ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

That fella with the Twitter ITK list must be walking round this morning like he's got the biggest bollocks in the world.

I think he’s deleted the Tweet? Confirming his source was Deans son was probably not the most sensible thing to do. 

• Like 3

Perhaps they get first refusal at a set price if we want to sell, but with no obligation to sell at all. We may even have a clause that says if they buy him they can’t sell him on quickly to turn a quick profit. 

I’d be more concerned under our previous owners than I am now. Let’s see if it happens, we may be wasting serious worrying over nothing. 

• Like 1

Would people accept this deal if the buy-back was only £5m more than the purchase price?

If it means that we're getting a Man City level player, I think I'd still take it. As others have said, it could essentially be a glorified loan.

Just now, Rob182 said:

Would people accept this deal if the buy-back was only £5m more than the purchase price?

If it means that we're getting a Man City level player, I think I'd still take it. As others have said, it could essentially be a glorified loan.

£20m? So you mean we'd be doing a Brentford? 😉

• Haha 1

Â