Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I wonder what the laughable chimp made of his performance tonight.

he was excellent - played really well. I actually think he takes some of the pressure off jack. Players pass to Dougie rather than over relying on Jack helps free jack up. Dougie is a baller and plays with passion.

I thought he did good, as I thought he did in his past 2 appearances for us and would love if he started ahead of Drinkwater. He's really been coming into his own.

I do however still think his perfomances earlier in the season were overrated and criticism on him was too easily swept under the rug. The fact that he's performing for us right now doesn't change what I thought of his performances earlier this season. Nor did I ever even write this guy off as I specifically stated that I think he would probably turn out great eventually.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

His passing is insane 

And people want to keep starting Drinkwater... Jesus Christ

Like Grealish, he doesn't need much space on the ball. Naturally very good footballing ability. It's the silly stuff but hey he's only 21. Must of put in some serious work over the weekend we had off. Fitness and conditionally were markably better than anything before it.

He is really did great without prone to error in last night game. I can't wait McGinn return from injury and when he due back? Feb ? March? I cant wait see what McGinn + Luiz in centre midfield, they would be great balanced left foot with right foot player in heart of midfield and would strike opposition with fear with due their ability skill in passing, tackle, long shot, vision, engine, determination to win this is prefect type for midfield to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

He is really did great without prone to error in last night game. I can't wait McGinn return from injury and when he due back? Feb ? March? I cant wait see what McGinn + Luiz in centre midfield, they would be great balanced left foot with right foot player in heart of midfield and would strike opposition with fear with due their ability skill in passing, tackle, long shot, vision, engine, determination to win this is prefect type for midfield to play.

Yes, with Luiz and Nakamba both finding form, we’ll have serious competition for places when McGinn is fit. Although it’ll take a change of formation to fit them all in.

11 minutes ago, Elton said:

Yes, with Luiz and Nakamba both finding form, we’ll have serious competition for places when McGinn is fit. Although it’ll take a change of formation to fit them all in.

Nakamba he is did great job as well but his consistent form is question to me one games he struggle and other games great, if he keep this form until McGinn it is will hard for McGinn get in this squad, guess possible return to 4-3-3 for 3 of this midfield, I think 3-4-3 is very good for us, don't want this see change formation to 4-3-3 as 3-4-3 is winning formation

Big Question - should we change to 4-3-3 for play 3 of these midfield in same squad, even we are good at formation 3-4-3 and we did not bad games result with our recently 4-3-3? ((off the topic - if we got better play right Inside forward in wide of 3 Grealish left slot and right slot is need sort once, we have Samatta in centre 3 will result better compare to wesley we have would result same as we did 3-4-3 ** be fair on Wesley I think Wesley is ideal for 3-4-3 not 4-3-3 it is nice to have 2 different striker who can bring maximum result in both formation))

No offensive to him, I think that Nakamba are excellent defensive midfield but his passing skill is poor, he ideal to pass to near team-mate it is could impact shape to set to attack as give them time to organise their defend against our attack, that reason I like see McGinn to pair with Luiz. 

Nakamba is ideal player like top 6 with regard formation in 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 that reason why I like see him play with extra security as he provide us last night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brummybloke said:

He hasnt proved anything, right or wrong.

He did some good things and did the same poor things.

I though out of the 4 in the middle he was the least disciplined and as already pointed out, left gaping holes through the middle of the pitch, he also did some nice passing.

He still wont head the ball or tackle, instead tries shoulder barging people off the ball ? What is the point of doing that when 9 times out of 10 it becomes a free kick to them.

If he sped up his passing a split second and his thinking, I bet he wouldnt get caught out so much.

I guess you didnt see him and Konsa taking turns on covering Maddison after he had been running the show for the first 10 minutes. Rest of the first half he wasnt in the game because Douglas was playing with discipline and closing him down together with Konsa

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Nakamba he is did great job as well but his consistent form is question to me one games he struggle and other games great, if he keep this form until McGinn it is will hard for McGinn get in this squad, guess possible return to 4-3-3 for 3 of this midfield, I think 3-4-3 is very good for us, don't want this see change formation to 4-3-3 as 3-4-3 is winning formation

Big Question - should we change to 4-3-3 for play 3 of these midfield in same squad, even we are good at formation 3-4-3 and we did not bad games result with our recently 4-3-3? ((off the topic - if we got better play right Inside forward in wide of 3 Grealish left slot and right slot is need sort once, we have Samatta in centre 3 will result better compare to wesley we have would result same as we did 3-4-3 ** be fair on Wesley I think Wesley is ideal for 3-4-3 not 4-3-3 it is nice to have 2 different striker who can bring maximum result in both formation))

No offensive to him, I think that Nakamba are excellent defensive midfield but his passing skill is poor, he ideal to pass to near team-mate it is could impact shape to set to attack as give them time to organise their defend against our attack, that reason I like see McGinn to pair with Luiz. 

Nakamba is ideal player like top 6 with regard formation in 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 that reason why I like see him play with extra security as he provide us last night.

I guess it depends on whether the opposition start to work out a way of playing us with our 3-4-3 formation like they did earlier in the season with the 4-3-3. I suspect Smith still prefers the latter so we may switch back again at some point. 

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess it depends on whether the opposition start to work out a way of playing us with our 3-4-3 formation like they did earlier in the season with the 4-3-3. I suspect Smith still prefers the latter so we may switch back again at some point. 

If Smith can do this each games with revision who opposition and what their weakness against formation so we can change each games to confuse them or bring more better result that i will more happy to support this scheme.

which i was always want to see manager who can who is a good tactical master (adjust formation each per game to exploit weakness and give opposite guess what the formation that we will bring to game.) same time have good eyes selection player, play their strength and suit our style that is winning formula.

one of two problem with 4-3-3 is right slot of 3 is big problem to creative, but maybe play Samatta on shoulder which help 4-3-3 attack solve problem and bring better result that Wesley as he like play too deep as that reason i point it to him and he is ideal for 3-4-3 to play wesley strength. 

two of two problem with 4-3-3 back 4 is good defender problem is Targett not good at defend but very good attack even good overlap, i think he still better in 3-4-3 as focus attack rather defend, so left back is big problem with this 4-3-3. Fred is good right back but he need more game to learn premiership that why he is on and off in defend solution but his overlap is lethal in this formation yet he did well in 3-4-3.

back topic to Luiz I really hope he keep good form yet below elite standard as i really don't want man city think he is good enough for them and they come back for him in summer with cheap fee right to buy re-call to back man city as once work permit will final to get him play for Pepe Team as he often want him play for him but work permit. if we hold him until 2 or 3 right to buy recall fee will bit high that first year.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

And leave out Nakamba? No way.

You might call me mad. But if Luiz and Nakamba keeps performing the way they do and we keep the same formation i can't see McGinn getting into this team.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You might call me mad. But if Luiz and Nakamba keeps performing the way they do and we keep the same formation i can't see McGinn getting into this team.

your are not mad, as it is your opinion as it is good see other people got different view and understand, perspective is good to shared.

Nakamba is great player as i been point to his weakness - consistent form as some he is play in a game and did great and some other is worse, also other problem is generate to attack is problem if we play him yet one thing i agreed defensive sense Nakamba is very valuable over McGinn,

if we want go attack so McGinn will better job with his long shot, running in box, vision to pass forward and better result that Nakamba could delivery us better result in hold the line with less creative force to supply to wide or forward.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Think it would depend on opposition, meanwhile Nakamba is a great mopper he offers zero going forward IMO.

McGinn on form I feel edges Nakamba currently.

McGinn in the form he was in before his injury, maybe not.

• Thanks 1

Â