Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I try as hard as possible to pretend that they don't exist when they're not on the pitch, and 99% of the time it works pretty well for me. You lot who are following these idiots on Instagram, you're doing it to yourselves.

Couldnt agree more, fans are more at fault than players. I have friends who post similar crap but nobody cares as they are not famous 

I think the problem is that we bought him thinking he is a defensive midfielder but I don't think at present at his stage of his career he has the discipline to play that role.

He definitely has some real ability but it is a question of finding a role for him along with Jack and McGinn without making our midfield seem very lightweight.

I'd rather in the summer we bought an equivalent of a 10 years younger Glenn Whelan with a bit more pace.

Edited by The Fun Factory

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the problem is that we bought him thinking he is a defensive midfielder but I don't think at present at his stage of his career he has the discipline to play that role.

He definitely has some real ability but it is a question of finding a role for him along with Jack and McGinn without making our midfield seem very lightweight.

I'd rather in the summer we bought an equivalent of a 10 years younger Glenn Whelan with a bit more pace.

It seems Jack and McGinn won't work anyway, apart when we're pressuring all the time. With our new balance, I think Luiz can be perfect. We still haven't tried a diamond, last time we've done that was when we had Gabby and Weimann, I could remember our win in the Anfield, in Lambert last season. We got 10 points out of 12, before the free fall. It's just we don't have much choices upfront to choose from, so we're putting Jack on the wing with El Ghazi or Trez. Maybe we should put one of them further up with Jack behind him and Wesley. Could give us a better balance. We could see how Luiz does in that formation, as the only time he played that way with Jack in the team was against City away. Which is the worst fixtures in the whole season.

On 17/11/2019 at 11:35, villa4europe said:

Not a knock on him but anyone follow his insta? 

He's enjoying himself out there, getting served steak wrapped in gold leaf with some salt bae type muppet cutting it up for him

Its sickening, that life, the one that being filthy rich gets you, looks **** awful at times 

I just had a look at his insta, haven't signed up so could just see the first 20-30 pics or so. Saw one when he was at a restaurant with some meat cut up on a plate, drinking coke and having a friendly smile, most of the others were pictures of him in action on the pitch, some on the training ground, some from matches, nice to see pictures of him in the Brazil shirt next to pics of him in our shirt.

I don't know if he has deleted any pictures or if you are refering to others than the 20-30 latest ones, but from what I could see there was nothing to get upset about at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I just had a look at his insta, haven't signed up so could just see the first 20-30 pics or so. Saw one when he was at a restaurant with some meat cut up on a plate, drinking coke and having a friendly smile, most of the others were pictures of him in action on the pitch, some on the training ground, some from matches, nice to see pictures of him in the Brazil shirt next to pics of him in our shirt.

I don't know if he has deleted any pictures or if you are refering to others than the 20-30 latest ones, but from what I could see there was nothing to get upset about at all.

im not fully in to Instagram so not sure how it all works, it was 5/6 videos stitched together in his story, a guy a suit with black gloves on and a big knife dramatically cutting up a huge gold leaf covered steak (like salt bae if you've seen him, that bloke being a "celebrity" properly grinds my gears)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the Instagram pics just show how young he is. I think sometimes we forget that. 

A few more Brazilian caps and city will get their work permit and he’ll be off in the summer.

£35 million in the bank for Villa to replace him with a quality midfielder.

City don't buy him and we continue developing him and get the best out of him.

He's young, he's not played in the PL before, it will take him time to settle. I think he's shown glimpses of quality, again much like the rest of the team he benefits from having Grealish in the side and McGinn on song.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im not fully in to Instagram so not sure how it all works, it was 5/6 videos stitched together in his story, a guy a suit with black gloves on and a big knife dramatically cutting up a huge gold leaf covered steak (like salt bae if you've seen him, that bloke being a "celebrity" properly grinds my gears)

One of our players has impressed enough to not only earn a call up to the Brazil squad but also make his debut in their famous midfield... and you're cut up because he's been out for a steak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AV82 said:

One of our players has impressed enough to not only earn a call up to the Brazil squad but also make his debut in their famous midfield... and you're cut up because he's been out for a steak.

no, I said twice, not knocking him

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

There is no way he is a defensive midfielder, he lacks the physicality. 

But i don't think he is a natural box to box midfielder either. Looks more like a deep lying playmaker.

But a newly promoted side won't stack up with loads of possession so i quite frankly don't think he fits our system.

He would look better at Man City.

Is this what people are loosing their SH*T over??

Google Translate - Free day, getting to know Abu Dhabi and having dinner at this beast restaurant!
Too good

The only thing I'm disappointed with (considering it's in Abu Dhabi) is the Steak is the only thing covered in gold......and the plastic straw

You guys scared me for a moment, thought Dougie Luiz might've made a Lescott type social media move or something..

Adam Johnson and Karim Benzema type behaviour is cringe worthy. This seems to be a young man enjoying his wealth.

1 hour ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Is this what people are loosing their SH*T over??

Google Translate - Free day, getting to know Abu Dhabi and having dinner at this beast restaurant!
Too good

The only thing I'm disappointed with (considering it's in Abu Dhabi) is the Steak is the only thing covered in gold......and the plastic straw

Chips, full fat coke and a large amount of red meat!   LUIZ OUT!!! :flag:

Usual evening in the Ferguson house.  😉

Â